Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the connector on the tranny radiator bust spraying Tanny fluid all over my engine. I had it fix but now I have this squeaking coming from one of the pulley I'm assuming or maybe the belt. Wondering if I should be worried at all?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just tighten the belt small amounts till the squeal disappear upon starting. The necessary bolts to loosen and adjust the tension is at the alternator.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It depends on which belt/pulley is squeaking. If it's your PS belt, it will be really hard to steer when it's squealing. I would guess one of two things happened... Either, when someone did whatever repair was done, it required removing a belt and it didn't get properly tensioned. Alternately, the belt got fluid all over it and now is in a semi-rapid process of decay and no amount of tightening will fix it. In that case, replacement plus cleaning the pulley groves with a degreaser and then a surfectant is the best option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently had the connector on the tranny radiator bust spraying Tanny fluid all over my engine. I had it fix but now I have this squeaking coming from one of the pulley I'm assuming or maybe the belt. Wondering if I should be worried at all?
The trans fluid may have gotten on the belt and it is now slipping. I would clean the belt and pulleys and see if the squeal goes away. If not, I would tight the belt a bit to see if that helps.

·
Registered
484 Posts
There's no belt tension adjustment on the 3.5L
Spin each pulley by hand with the belt off, pay special attention to the 2 idlers and belt tensioner pulley. There was a TSB a while ago about the idlers causing squeaking noises.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's no belt tension adjustment on the 3.5L
Spin each pulley by hand with the belt off, pay special attention to the 2 idlers and belt tensioner pulley. There was a TSB a while ago about the idlers causing squeaking noises.
Tsb? What is that?

·
Registered
484 Posts
TSB is like a document the manufacturer puts out saying 'this is a common problem we're seeing and here's how to fix it'.
Some other awesome member here posted the one i'm referring to:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts