Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I had removed the left rear seat belt shoulder anchor on a 2015 sienna in order to get the trim off to access the rear hatch motor. I can't figure out how to properly re-install it.

Its not just a matter of putting in the bolt and then tightening to torque spec -- There is a bracket it bolts into, an L shaped guide that I believe goes on the backside of the anchor and into a keyhole, and a bolt that is longer than the bracket depth. If I bolt all the way in the bolt will hit the wiring behind the bracket. I assume the L-shaped guide does something for this but how does it all go together?

Ive searched for hours through the service manual and online and can't find anything.

Trim isnt in in the last few pics but is this how it goes? what stops it from compressing the wiring behind it? What is the purpose of the L bracket? Do I have something backwards?

Thanks for any help this is driving me up a wall and obv dont want to install the seatbelt anchor the wrong way...

area I'm talking about:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7000.jpg

Bolt will drive right into the wiring below

Keyhole piece

Keyhole piece on anchor

Seems to go like this? Dryfit without trim piece.....what does the L-shaped piece do?

Bracket from the front -- the guide on the bottom seems to be for the L shaped piece, but both that and the bolt will hit the wire harness if tightened all the way down...

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately not symmetrical -- the motor for the rear hatch is behind the left side it sticks out much more. Anyone with a limited that can take a peak on theirs?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I do think you are missing a big spacer that goes goes over the end of the bolt where it mounts to the body. It is round and about a 1" long. Usually black in color. It may have fallen down on removal. Allows the top of the belt to pivot when the bolt is torqued down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do think you are missing a big spacer that goes goes over the end of the bolt where it mounts to the body. It is round and about a 1" long. Usually black in color. It may have fallen down on removal. Allows the top of the belt to pivot when the bolt is torqued down.
Awesone ty! A spacer would make perfect sense and with my luck it did indeed likely fall to where I need to take half the car apart to find it.

My only question is why doesn't this spacer appear on any parts diagrams or in the service manual? I'm sure it's there just curious why for a part that needs to be removed to gain access to that area they don't make it more clear in the manuals....

thanks much for the help!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sorry to get back to you so late. The spacer is held on by a little washer. It is not felt. I don't think it is metal. I don't know the proper name for it. The spacer does not come separate as it comes as all 1 assembly and is a part of the belt assembly.
I am thinking that when you unbolted the belt. The washer and spacer unthreaded off the bolt and fell down. Like 'Plinko' on the Price is Right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts