Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Sienna XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people of this beautiful forum, this is my first post and thread here. After years of looking of ways on how to lower my 2003 Toyota Sienna I finally found a way that’s pretty easy, safe, and rather inexpensive. After doing research for a week or two on the coil spring specifications on the sienna, I went to go look for other springs that match near the siennas in diameter, spring rate, and load rate, while also being shorter. By using the chart on Moogs website (Moog Coil Springs | Moog Suspension Parts) I found that the 2006 Nissan Altima has rear springs that match the siennas almost perfectly besides being 2” shorter in length. Here are the photos of the specifications.

As you can see, the diameters of both springs vary so slightly. You also lose about 80 Ibs in rear load rate but I believe it’s worth it since I don’t really load up on heavy things like some of you guys. Testing my theory I purchased these springs on rockauto, they only cost $50! With this I also bought new shocks which is vital when replacing springs. I settled on the KYB gas ajust shocks because they increase performance and they’re $30 a piece. Today I installed the springs, they look almost identical to the old springs except shorter.

The only difference I found is that the OEM springs are flat at the top vs the Altima springs which continue to be circular. For that they didn’t quite fit as snug in the top holder as OEM but once installed they fit pretty snug. Upon driving the rear end felt nice and firm compared to before where it was completely bouncy and loose. These coils also have a higher spring rate than OEM which help it stay more firm. Here are some photos of the finished result.

i will update you guys on any complications I have. If you want to purchase these coils yourself here is the link: MOOG 80555 Coil Spring | RockAuto

I’ll now be searching for coils for the front of the car since I still have my mushy OEM coils and struts I will make a post on that soon also.

Thank you guys for reading, best of luck.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Sienna XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SS,

That's a beautiful mod. Your new ride height and Rear Stability makes me want to do this to ours. Looks good.

Did you custom paint your Sienna?

- Instagram @MichiganSoundWizard
Hello Michigan Sound Wizard!

I would totally recommend this mod, so far I’ve yet to have any complications, the siennas been riding smoother than ever. The amount of body roll this mod took away is honestly amazing I can corner and turn much better than ever. Only con I found so far is I can’t go over speed bumps as fast as I could before but that was obvious from the start. Very interested to see how it will ride once I upgrade the front shocks.

As for the paint, it’s completely OEM!

·
Registered
2000 Sienna CE
6 Posts
Hello Michigan Sound Wizard!

I would totally recommend this mod, so far I’ve yet to have any complications, the siennas been riding smoother than ever. The amount of body roll this mod took away is honestly amazing I can corner and turn much better than ever. Only con I found so far is I can’t go over speed bumps as fast as I could before but that was obvious from the start. Very interested to see how it will ride once I upgrade the front shocks.

As for the paint, it’s completely OEM!
lol Sounds like it's doing well for a simple mod. I need to do ours.

-Instagram, @MichiganSoundWizard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello people of this beautiful forum, this is my first post and thread here. After years of looking of ways on how to lower my 2003 Toyota Sienna I finally found a way that’s pretty easy, safe, and rather inexpensive. After doing research for a week or two on the coil spring specifications on the sienna, I went to go look for other springs that match near the siennas in diameter, spring rate, and load rate, while also being shorter. By using the chart on Moogs website (Moog Coil Springs | Moog Suspension Parts) I found that the 2006 Nissan Altima has rear springs that match the siennas almost perfectly besides being 2” shorter in length. Here are the photos of the specifications. View attachment 49107 View attachment 49108
As you can see, the diameters of both springs vary so slightly. You also lose about 80 Ibs in rear load rate but I believe it’s worth it since I don’t really load up on heavy things like some of you guys. Testing my theory I purchased these springs on rockauto, they only cost $50! With this I also bought new shocks which is vital when replacing springs. I settled on the KYB gas ajust shocks because they increase performance and they’re $30 a piece. Today I installed the springs, they look almost identical to the old springs except shorter. View attachment 49109
The only difference I found is that the OEM springs are flat at the top vs the Altima springs which continue to be circular. For that they didn’t quite fit as snug in the top holder as OEM but once installed they fit pretty snug. Upon driving the rear end felt nice and firm compared to before where it was completely bouncy and loose. These coils also have a higher spring rate than OEM which help it stay more firm. Here are some photos of the finished result. View attachment 49110 View attachment 49112
i will update you guys on any complications I have. If you want to purchase these coils yourself here is the link: MOOG 80555 Coil Spring | RockAuto

I’ll now be searching for coils for the front of the car since I still have my mushy OEM coils and struts I will make a post on that soon also.

Thank you guys for reading, best of luck.
Have you been able to find anything for the front suspension yet? And for the shocks did you also get altima shocks or sienna?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.