Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a shop remove the factory hitch on my Woodland, which was blocking the sensors. The kick activation for the rear hatch doesn’t work. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe having the factory hitch installed deletes the kick sensor.

I have a Woodland too. Why did you remove the hitch, and did you replace it with anything else? I'm thinking of moving to a 2 inch hitch.
We have an extremely steep driveway and it has been gouging out concrete. We don’t plan on using it any time soon.

·
Registered
929 Posts
From further research, the sensor is disabled at the factory when they install the hitch. I'm going to call the techs and see if this is just a setting that can be turned on or if the sensors are installed at all.
Thought I read that Sienna owners that had after market hitches installed had the sensor moved to one side by which ever company they used.

Hopefully something simple as that for you, i.e. Toyota did install sensor but de-activated so need to move to one side.

·
Registered
22 Sienna Woodland
2 Posts
From further research, the sensor is disabled at the factory when they install the hitch. I'm going to call the techs and see if this is just a setting that can be turned on or if the sensors are installed at all.
any update on this? I’m picking up my Woodland tomorrow and thinking of swapping out the factory hitch for the Torklift or similar aftermarket for the extra clearance and looks. And was wondering if I’d be able to then make the kick sensor work if they didn’t take it out at the factory.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,191 Posts
I’m lazy so paid a mechanic 50 dollars to do it during an suspension air shock install. Really easy though. It’s just 6 bolts.
Its easy only if you already own a 1/2 inch socket drive, 1/2inch 6 or 8inch extension and right size socket! It cost me 50 bucks just to buy all these tools to install mine (I had to buy the torque wrench though which itself was 25 bucks from Walmart). I doubt I will ever use any of them anytime soon!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts