Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I get Toyota says it’s not compatible, but I’m wondering if they even install the sensor when building the car. Like does the car include the sensor on it. Tough to really find out unless someone pulled the bumper.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I get Toyota says it’s not compatible, but I’m wondering if they even install the sensor when building the car. Like does the car include the sensor on it. Tough to really find out unless someone pulled the bumper.
With the part shortages, I wouldn’t be shocked if they dropped the sensor altogether. Sucks if so for the woodland buyers, because Toyota overreacted when they say it’s not compatible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From further research, the sensor is disabled at the factory when they install the hitch. I'm going to call the techs and see if this is just a setting that can be turned on or if the sensors are installed at all.
Did you ever figure out if the sensor is still there and can be enabled? or not there at all? Very curious as I am likely purchasing a woodland but don't the hitch (the factory one anyways...).

·
Registered
2 Posts
From further research, the sensor is disabled at the factory when they install the hitch. I'm going to call the techs and see if this is just a setting that can be turned on or if the sensors are installed at all.
Did you ever find out about this? I’m about to pick up my woodland and would be interested in doing the same tjibg

21 - 31 of 31 Posts