Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to disable Only the rear power door when i get into garage. This is So when my child wants to push buttons, he dosnt smash my new 2022 sienna hatch against my new garage door .

I understand there is a stop that would happen automatically, yet I don’t want the chance of my son between doors and or damage to anything.

Do I disable the “Power” to all doors until I leave my house and when I return? With the power disable switch?
Can I still use the sliding doors in power mode?
Seinna a dilemma

·
Registered
794 Posts
It’s possible this could, however, be done within settings on the van itself using software like Carista and plugging in via the OBD-2 port. I’m really unsure, but that might be a valid next step to explore if this is super important to the owner

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
481 Posts
It’s possible this could, however, be done within settings on the van itself using software like Carista and plugging in via the OBD-2 port. I’m really unsure, but that might be a valid next step to explore if this is super important to the owner
Good point, worth exploring and maybe one of the forum users with Carista set up can take a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can customize the opening height of the rear hatch. I had to do this for my garage. If it would fully open it would hit the garage door, so I set it to one notch below the fully open height, and it works perfectly. I can't remember where I found the setting for that, but I'm sure you can look it up in the manual @2Kool4aSeeNahhh

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I did that also

from speedometer, move two arrows left on steering wheel, then down to vehicle settings… then to”PRD”
Power rear door.
selection what you want to change and using “ok” to change it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I rented a Le prior to buying a Xse-
Ya power door has more resistance when powered off.

Its very easy….. Disable power, Then….. Jump in vehicle and when ya need it, simply hit the back door power button above driver and display will ask ya “ Power on to rear door ?” Select yes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts