Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install a backup camera to interface with my new touchscreen stereo receiver. Preferably, it would mount in the same location as the stock camera, and be unobtrusive, i.e. not a license plate cam, or external bracket mount.
  • What have you used and how did you like it?
  • What's the ease/cost of installing a stock camera? Is it worth it? I'm pretty sure my van doesn't have a preinstalled harness since it doesn't have the navigation system.
  • How did you seal up the holes in the rear hatch?

·
71 Posts
Hi Carslave, I just spent a lot of time shopping on line for backup camera to connect to a new Sony XAV-AX7000 stereo in our 2008 LE. After much homework, I settled on a license plate mounted camera. Not your preference I know, but the reviews were pretty good so I thought I'd mention it. Amazon.com: eRapta ERT01 2nd Generation Car Rear View Reversing Backup Camera Automotive with 149°Perfect View Angle 8 LED Lights Night Vision 9 Level Waterproof Universal Car Backing Camera License Plate: Electronics I should have it in a few days and if you like, I can let you know how it works once installed.

·
71 Posts
It's been very good so far. The picture is clear and bright and it's a huge help as we didn't have any kind of back-up assist before (camera or sensors).

Reactions: carslave
1 - 4 of 4 Posts