Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please tell me WHERE in the heck the Relay Switch for (rear) Power Outlet is located?

I'm merely(?) wanting to bypass it with a jumper so the rear power outlet has continuous power without the key in the ACC position, but the Relay seems to be buried somewhere...

2016 STANDARD 3.5L V6

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
What is meant by "Relay Switch for (rear) Power Outlet"? All the power outlets are on the same circuit in my 2014 Sienna and protected by fuse #1 ( which is only 15 amp) in the fuse box under the dash.

IMO, it would be preferable to install an aftermarket 12V port and power it directly from the battery in the engine compartment using an in-line fuse. You could even install an on/off switch for it. Doing this would allow you to use the wire gauge and fuse amp that supports whatever you want to power without the risk of blowing the existing accessory circuit fuse.

It's fairly easy to pull wires through the Sienna firewall and the run them to the rear of the interior. I pulled wires for my rear fog light from the engine compartment, ran them through a dash mounted switch, behind the driver side kick panel, under the door sills and then under/behind the side trim panel by the 3rd row seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What is meant by "Relay Switch for (rear) Power Outlet"? All the power outlets are on the same circuit in my 2014 Sienna and protected by fuse #1 ( which is only 15 amp) in the fuse box under the dash.
He's speaking about the relay that keeps the 12volt and 110 volt sockets from working when the van isn't running or in accessory mode.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
He's speaking about the relay that keeps the 12volt and 110 volt sockets from working when the van isn't running or in accessory mode.
I don't see a relay in the Toyota parts list for the 2016 Sienna labelled as being for the accessory sockets. Would a relay be used? I could be wrong but I'm thinking that the accessory circuit is powered directly from the ignition switch circuit since the accessory circuit has it's own fuse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't see a relay in the Toyota parts list for the 2016 Sienna labelled as being for the accessory sockets. Would a relay be used? I could be wrong but I'm thinking that the accessory circuit is powered directly from the ignition switch circuit since the accessory circuit has it's own fuse.
I replied yesterday but for some reason it didn't post.

I'm unsure on the sienna. I know relays are common. I K ow my Element had a relay for both the front and rear 12volt plugs. With two different sets of 12volt AND 110volt plugs, I assumed like OP that they were on relay.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Not sure about the gen3 vans, but in the gen2 vans that outlet is powered from the accessory circuit, so no dedicated relay. One relay up front controls many circuits. If I had to guess, I would think gen3 is the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts