Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
So I bought a used 2004 XLE AWD a few months back and found that there was a remote start in the car. I could never figure out if it worked or if just didnt know the correct button sequences. I had given up and just sad [email protected]&%k it, then out of the blue a guy who was working with me had to get some tools out of truck so I gave him the keys to unlock and lock the door. He comes in and says "I accidentally started the truck with the remote", what it actually works,so what buttons did you press?
He say 'I don't know just hit lock and didn't think it locked so I hit again and I don't know". So yes it works, no I cant figure it out, yes I need some help from the forum.
FYI: I tried a sequence I saw online saying : Lock + Lock + Lock and Hold for 3 seconds didnt work. All help and suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd start by finding a place that specializes in remotes and see if they'd be willing to help. They should be familiar with the various methods of using a remote to work for starting the car.

Very interested in finding out more about using the stock remote as a starting device and which companies are capable of being activated that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I'm just getting a chase to look at your responses. As far as I can tell this was a Factory
(upon delivery of the truck being given to original owner) option in 2004. When I bought the truck I found original papers for the Audiovox entertainment stuff and a manual for the remote started that was installed. Unfortunately nothing in that manual gives a starting procedure. I guess what I'm hoping for is that someone who also owns a 2nd Gen has an original remote start from day 1 and could offer a possible KEY to the mystery. Its frustrating knowing it does work but not being able to use it. Thanks Again

·
Registered
81 Posts
...what I'm hoping for is that someone who also owns a 2nd Gen has an original remote start from day 1 and could offer a possible KEY to the mystery. Its frustrating knowing it does work but not being able to use it.
I'd be picking the brains of some of the mechanics at a few dealerships. Some of them are worthless, but I'd suspect that if you go through a few of them you'll find someone who knows what you're looking for. That and, did you already try doing a net search for the starting sequence from the remote?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Добрый день, вы выяснили комбинацию на брелоке для запуска двигателя внутреннего сгорания?

·
Registered
5 Posts
если кто нибудь знает номер блока (элемента) для штатной возможности автозапуска авто, напишите его пожалуйста.

·
Super Moderator
4,513 Posts
Well, I just learned a lesson. I was about to delete Cahek as a spammer, but then I thought to run his first post thru Google Translator. Guess what he asked?

Good afternoon, did you find out the combination on the key fob to start the internal combustion engine?

The second one does not translate quite so cleanly, but it links to pictures of various remote start fobs:

if anyone knows the number of the block (element) for the native auto-start feature, please write it.

So, don't immediately shoot the foreigner.

To Cahek: Welcome! English is strongly preferred, as few are likely to take the time to figure out your posts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts