Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just bought a 15 awd sienna xle. Love it so far! I do have a question about remote starting.

I had a couple YouTube videos pop up showing that if the Sienna has siriusxm hd radio or engine, it's possible to remote start. The guy in the videos clicked lock twice and then held it the third time for the start. It didn't work for me.

Do I need to purchase service with one of them for this to work? Or will it just not work? Which is preferred of the two? Mine has sirius and entune.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You don't have a remote start feature with your vehicle even if it has entune and Sirius XM. There are members here who did it on their own. If you are 12V savvy, you should be able to do it on your own. I would recommend going after market remote starts specially the 2 way like the Compustar remote start. It has more range than factory.

I have the 2015 SE Premium and it does not have a remote start feature.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,338 Posts
If you have a push-to-start button ignition switch, you have the potential of a built-in start system. But the distance that this will work is pretty short - whatever your locking fob allows. 100 ft or less, most likely.

I believe it requires two changes.

1) The hood catch/latch requires an interlock switch (varies by year) added.

2) This is the tricky part. I've seen on various Toyota forums that there may be a way to turn this feature on thru the use of Techstream software, but I can't find any actual success statements thru a quick search right now.

Reactions: sunshinewr
1 - 3 of 3 Posts