Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many previous discussions about frustration in removing mid seats, only to find trolleys still sticking up too high. I removed it ALL, but it was some work and required an angle L head grinder to avoid having to drop the gas tank. First remove all of the seats so carpet and trolley are exposed. Drop the spare tire. pull up both side's door sill trim pieces . remove rear deck entrance trim piece, then the passenger side panel all the way including the upper piece. remove rear seat hardware and then pull up the carpeting as far as you can to front seats. At this point you should see what needs to be done. There are a few different bolt heads that will require large star allen driver and some metric sockets. Remove the cross bar on the trolleys. Slide the trolleys back and forth to see what bolts to remove on the inner two rails underneath. Passenger side inner rail is easiest with nuts accesed underneath. One will need a box wrench, the others with ratchet and socket. Passenger side outer rail is removed with large star allen driver and with (preferably) a six sided metric socket (12 sided socket more likely to slip, but might work) I had to loosen one with hammer and chisel turning the bolt edge in a counterclockwise direction. Same procedure for outer rail on driver's side. Now the harder procedure... the inner rail on the driver's side has bolts underneath which are above the gas tank. You can drop the gas tank if you want, but I just got out the angle grinder and ground the tops off of the 4 bolts inside the rail slide trench. It takes a bit to get enough ground out before using a crowbar or other large pry bar to rip them up and out ( also, prying them back and forth, side to side helps to break them free). Now you can grind off the securing hoops off from the rear seat mounts as well, clean up debris and lay the carpet back down and re-install panels and trim. Not an easy job, but very do-able. If I missed stating a critical step, please post it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts