Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Those have got to be custom pieces from the mobility conversion company. You can contact them if you want to see if they're will to sell it to you. The part where the shifter is mounted with the cupholders would likely work, but you'd need to custom the lower cover as the mobility vans are raised so they have extra height inside (see the step up to the pedals). This is a pretty extensive mod.
Also, the plastic qualities of those are pretty industrial and won't match the rest of the OEM materials.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Maybe I will do this too. I thought about just cutting it. Lol. That shifter is prob all electronic and with enough creativity can prob be replaced with switches. I know they do make an aftermarket button gear shift for the Prius. But you'll have to install shift paddles or something.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah I have been calling around and not getting much. That said I have not been able to speak w Braun.

In terms of removal and replacement, I imaging that it is like everything else in cars with hidden tabs and screws. It had to get there somehow.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yah I have been calling around and not getting much. That said I have not been able to speak w Braun.

In terms of removal and replacement, I imaging that it is like everything else in cars with hidden tabs and screws. It had to get there somehow.
Yea I assume those type of businesses are after the big bucks. They don't wanna waste their time doing small stuff. Maybe I'll have the guts open it up one day but tbh I use the center console for my fries. Lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah that is an idea. Could potentially throw a Blue Sea USB and 12v panel as well to make it real fancy if you could fish all the way to the fuse.
My wife wants me to do it so that she can move from the front to the back to check on the toddler and grab snacks and stuff. I assume the old kids prob like it because it keeps the parents in the front. Lol.

I wonder if Toyota actually talked to real parents before sticking a giant center console in there....and oh yeah non adjustable armrests.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My wife wants me to do it so that she can move from the front to the back to check on the toddler and grab snacks and stuff. I assume the old kids prob like it because it keeps the parents in the front. Lol.

I wonder if Toyota actually talked to real parents before sticking a giant center console in there....and oh yeah non adjustable armrests.
My wife also complained about the center console and preferred the previous style. It looks like they just put a cap on it which should be pretty easy to do. 3D print or contact the company to buy that piece.

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
568 Posts
Maybe I will do this too. I thought about just cutting it. Lol. That shifter is prob all electronic and with enough creativity can prob be replaced with switches. I know they do make an aftermarket button gear shift for the Prius. But you'll have to install shift paddles or something.
There's a cable.
Font Parallel Auto part Rectangle Diagram

·
Registered
22 XLE+ wheelchair adapted by Braunability Silver Bullet with Amp and Ramp
18 Posts
Shared for reference... We picked up a Braun modified Sienna this year. The good news is that there are typically vans (XL, XLE+) on the lot ready for sale via a quick internet search. The not so good news is the wheelchair conversion costs as much as the van(!). Something to consider as our love ones turn the page into a new chapter in life. This has been worth every penny.

Aside from limited places to put doo-dads like a normal vehicle, I find the open console area very useful for the function of the van. I installed that little shelf tray behind the center screen that offers an additional spot to put things. When I (carefully) back into the garage, I come very close to the wall on the driver's side. Then I mash a button and the RT sliding door opens and the ramp folds down so I ingress/egress like I'm an in aircraft (reminder the second row is removed and the lowered floor is completely flat). There are L-Tracks all over, and I can clamp down a cooler or storage device depending on what I need to do.

I am not sure how useful it will be to modify a Sienna console without the lowered floor. I am not optimistic that this van and stock seats will support a swiveling function - that would cross my PITA threshold. I suppose it all depends on what you are trying to do and how much you'd like to spend. It might be a good idea to go visit an ADA Vehicle place to "try it on" in person. Best wishes from Central Texas!
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Mode of transport

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 16 of 16 Posts