Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my new hitch and mos of the wiring for a 7 pin connector. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out where I could tap into a wire for reverse / back up lights, but gave up and just tucked that wire away to be connected another day.

1. How common is it for trailers to have reverse lights?
2. Does anyone know where to get access to that wire on a gen 3 sienna?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like it's been a while, so you may have already answered this... My trailer (bought brand new, 2018) did not have reverse lights. When I picked it up from the dealer I let them know that I was a bit worried as I hadn't taken the time to wire up a reverse light. They said no big deal as most trailers don't have them. I do remember as a kid my dad's camping trailer did have reverse, so I guess it just depends on the trailer. But in my current experience, it seems that not many have reverse lights.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The only time I used the purple wire for revers lights was for a back up camera mounted . Other than that I never had a trailer with back up lights or a trailer with surge brakes where that would use that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I connected mine when I wired my 7 way connector in. I ran the wires through the interior of the van and under door jams. Because I had the interior panels off already, I was able to connect to a reverse line in the van's electrical harness behind the rear driver side panel. There were a few red wires, but the red one that was slightly larger gauge than the others gave me 12v only when my van was in reverse, so I tied into it. I thought I took a photo, but I can't find it anywhere, sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts