Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been looking at 2021 XLEs, but most aren't coming with roof rails. We could do the XLE Plus package to get roof rails (along with wireless charging, better sound system I think) for $2K. I contacted a couple Toyota dealers and it looks like roof rail installation would be $1400-$1600.

Question1 - would the quality of the roof rail installation at the Toyota dealer be the same quality as that coming from the factory? I would think so since it seems like it's the same part.

Question2 - does it make sense to just upgrade to the XLE Plus package? We don't really care about wireless charging or the sound system, but maybe it's worth it since we'd have to pay $1500 for just the roof rail installation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If my Sienna didnt have them I would hsve them installed at the dealer. Its the same. If anything theres pre-drilled holes and the dealer just puts them on. The labor is high because thats the going rate.
Id go for the Plus package for the 9” screen in addition.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
62 Posts
Yup, I’d go XLE plus, the bigger screen and better sound is really nice. And you’d essentially be getting those for free if you’re going to get the rack installed at the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We've been looking at 2021 XLEs, but most aren't coming with roof rails. We could do the XLE Plus package to get roof rails (along with wireless charging, better sound system I think) for $2K. I contacted a couple Toyota dealers and it looks like roof rail installation would be $1400-$1600.

Question1 - would the quality of the roof rail installation at the Toyota dealer be the same quality as that coming from the factory? I would think so since it seems like it's the same part.

Question2 - does it make sense to just upgrade to the XLE Plus package? We don't really care about wireless charging or the sound system, but maybe it's worth it since we'd have to pay $1500 for just the roof rail installation.
My 21 LE came with roof rails, but they were an option.

·
Registered
1 Posts

We just had an LE 2021 delivered to our dealer. They will not be able to add the roof rack because the roof is not built to add one!!??
I guess we will keep looking for “option pkgs”?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If my Sienna didnt have them I would hsve them installed at the dealer. Its the same. If anything theres pre-drilled holes and the dealer just puts them on. The labor is high because thats the going rate.
Id go for the Plus package for the 9” screen in addition.
I thought the 9” screen was standard on the XLE? Still trying to figure out what’s included in packages vs what’s standard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I thought the 9” screen was standard on the XLE? Still trying to figure out what’s included in packages vs what’s standard.
Sorry replying so late, you are right, it comes with the 9" infotainment screen. I was thinking of the screen in the middle on the driver's side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts