Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi,the total cost is $340 and I did my self on my dryway but need a power lift to work more easy. If you are not a handy or not have tools just go to any mechanic but they charge a lot of money. Was a 3 hours job. I did one modification on first attach because seller don’t sent me all accessories. Hopefully you got all information you need. If not ask,don’t worry.
Thank you.

That looks very cool and practical.

Were the attachment/bolt holes already there underneath or had to drill?

You've really modded your Sienna very well with the door sills as well :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,the total cost is $340
Ordered! My wife is 5ft 2 in on a good day, ha!

I have the same color as you and think these with the chrome edges will look to be the best match for our Limited. Hopefully trans-pacific shipping won’t be an issue. (Fingers crossed)

These and (arriving tomorrow) OEM mud guards are bound to affect mpg’s though....

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
184 Posts
Hi,the total cost is $340 and I did my self on my dryway but need a power lift to work more easy. If you are not a handy or not have tools just go to any mechanic but they charge a lot of money. Was a 3 hours job. I did one modification on first attach because seller don’t sent me all accessories. Hopefully you got all information you need. If not ask,don’t worry.
Nice work on the install and posting some pictures. Totally off topic of that, where did you get your door sill protectors? Those are the first I have seen that are wrap around to protect not just the top but the edge where the brunt of the damage is done. I think there would be some very interested members on this site that might want those.
And how much if you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Sir,

Maybe we are the seller where you bought the running board from.now we need your help.can you please show us some pics.where the brackets installed.whick holes had beed used.we need more as possible.if possible we think we can pay for the work.
many thanks my friend.now more and more all new sienna owners wants the running board from our side.but so far we just have the simply manual whch you had got before.also we need more pics information for their reference.Like where the brackets stay.which holes can be used.that will be very important for our business.
waiting for your response my friend

Best regards,
Zane Xu

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I ordered these from a Chinese vendor on ebay: 2Pcs Door Running Board Side Step Nerf Bar Fits for toyota Sienna 2021 2022 XL40 | eBay Shipping was fairly quick and reasonably well packed.

I spent about 9 hours installing these. I'm a DIY'er and pretty handy with tools. These were a PITA to install.

Pro's: Look OK. Provides a small step as intended. Basically no drilling design. Cheap.

Con's: Cheap. Difficult installation. Poor instructions. Minor drilling of plastic skirt (both sides) and trimming of splash panel (driver side) and exhaust heat shield (passenger side). Missing hardware fasteners (a lot). Poor quality hardware. Chromed curves are wavy/ripple. Looks cheap on a limited. Inoperative kick sensors. Bracket locations reduce space at jack points. Kinda' wide but needs to be so exiting without using step will mark/rub back of lower leg if not careful.

Summation: I want to remove and return but ATM (short) wife, who purchase was for, is OK with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed the passenger side of mine (the same Hong Kong one discussed above). Instructions are awful but it does mostly work (except the part where you have to trim a piece of plastic to see one of the holes they want you to bolt to). Hope to post pics tonight.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts