Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone rust proofed their 2021 Sienna Hybrid AWD? I had my 2004 Sienna professionally rust proofed and my inclination is to do the same for my 2021 Sienna. This is my first hybrid. I have read a number of comments in Google about whether a hybrid should be rust proofed at all. Most articles cite possible interference with electrical components and sensors. Yet other articles dispute this claim. The dealer has recommended the installation of an electronic rust protection box. However, whether these things work at all is hotly contested. There are so many opinions about rust proofing that it is difficult to make a decision. I plan to keep my Sienna for a long time, so I want to do everything to protect it.
So, my question is: has anyone rust proofed their 2021 Sienna Hybrid? If so, how did you do it? What company did it? Where you able to get this done at your dealer?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had my van under coated with a special wax coating called “honey seal”. It was done by a shop who does dry ice cleaning and other services. They are on Instagram @sublimesurfacing. Their undercoat lasts 15+ years and because it’s a wax, not an oil or tar, they apply it to more components, and if you need to have work done, it doesn’t interfere with mechanical work. Apparently it’s very similar to waxes used on European cars for rust protection back in the day. It’s the only product I’d consider for undercoating.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had my van under coated with a special wax coating called “honey seal”. It was done by a shop who does dry ice cleaning and other services. They are on Instagram @sublimesurfacing. Their undercoat lasts 15+ years and because it’s a wax, not an oil or tar, they apply it to more components, and if you need to have work done, it doesn’t interfere with mechanical work. Apparently it’s very similar to waxes used on European cars for rust protection back in the day. It’s the only product I’d consider for undercoating.
Look like a good process compare to something like Krown but they're not here in Ontario or Ottawa.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They are going to be opening a location in Ontario very soon according to their Instagram.
Most likely it will be somewhere in the GTA which is too far for me as I'm in Ottawa. I guess I have to keep going to Krown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the Chicago area. Does anyone have an opinion about the electronic rust prevention boxes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts