Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,
So i was having a a beer last night with a buddy and he suggested i search for a forum like this with this 1 question.

What should i do about my busted Sienna?

So i have 2. One is a 2001 LE from New Hampshire and the second is a 2001 CE from Texas. The LE has a lot of rust damage (obviously being from the north) and recently cracked subframe which according to 3 mechanics said it wasnt worth the repair.

So i was thinking i could pull off as many parts as possible. But which ones? Exterior bulbs and covers, side mirrors, and interior stuff i can figure out. Im more concerned with under the hood. Now i have some tools but im no mechanic. So itll be a little tricky but im confident i can figure it out.

So ya, what should i pull off?

Thanks,
Yags

·
Registered
93 Posts
Unless your forced to scrap it, don't remove any parts. Takes up the least space. You never know what will be needed.
If your forced to scrap it, disassembly is easy, storage is hard.
Easier just to buy a $100 sub frame from a junk yard and pray the bolts aren't seized.
Really easy if the break can be "welded?". Might have to find an older mechanic or bodyman. Younger mechanics only understand how to replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forced to scrap it because im being evicted and have untill the end of the month.
According to the mechanic the axel would have to get replaced as well because of the rust damage. You have to understand in new hampshire they use a lot of salt during the winter.
But ya what should i take off?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Forced to scrap, being evicted... the axel would have to get replaced...salt during the winter.
But ya what should i take off?
Your in a predicament. Sell it. If it has lowish miles, runs good and isn't completely rotten someone will want it unless you start stealing parts off it. Mine needed rocker panels when I bought it. Better than keeping a pile of random parts you'll never need. Wisconsin uses a lot of salt too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
circus
Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
SiennaChat is the forum community to discuss problems, maintenance, repairs, mods, projects, specs and all things Toyota Sienna.
Full Forum Listing