Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gen 3 (2013) with a factory satellite radio. I recently transferred my subscription from a different (newer) vehicle, but found that many of the channels that I used to listen to can’t be received by this radio. I suspect it is because it is an older radio and uses different bands than the newer ones so they aren't available on the older radio, but I haven’t been able to verify this anywhere.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and has anyone replaced their factory satellite radio with a newer model? I don’t need a CD player anymore, but some of the other bells and whistles like interacting with the phone’s playlist would be nice. What model did you install, how expensive and how difficult?

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
375 Posts
Any thread I've read on here or other forums I see the same responses.
Give Crutchfield a call, tell them what vehicle you have, what you want out of it, and they will tell you exactly what options are out there, and can even supply you with properly matching patch cords to make everything plug and play.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Another way to solve this problem is to stream SiriusXM from its free smartphone app assuming you have a robust data plan and adequate cell phone service where you drive.

ALL SiriusXM channels can be streamed from the SeriusXM app on my Android smartphone. Sound quality is at least as good as when streamed from actual satellites from a built-in satellite radio receiver.

The "SXM" Android smartphone app is much improved over what it was several years ago. And it's been redesigned to be far, far easier to set up user credentials. It's now much easier to select channel types and channels. I'm not familiar with the Apple version of the SXM app but it probably works similarly.

Put a phone holder on your dash top within your line of sight and you'll be all set.

Here's a photo showing where I mounted my phone holder in the 2014 Sienna Limited that I recently sold..

Watch Vehicle Shelf Automotive design Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts