Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pressed the button on the door handle to close the passenger sliding door and it stopped 80% of the way. Manually force closed it. The track was clunky. After closing, it now opens and closes electronically, but the door gets a little rough when it completely opens and settles into place (kinda clunks at the end). I realize no one else is probably having this issue so early. Mine is only 350 miles. W.......T.......FFFFFFF!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
We had three services on our 2011 for sliding doors - both motors (warranty), wiring harness (recall), and driver's side cable assembly (class action settlement/campaign).

You'd think rock-solid sliding door engineering would have been high pri. Sheesh.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Sienna XSE w/Tech Package
6 Posts
2017 Toyota Sienna XLE no issues here, driving my kid around doing skip/door dash delivery everyday using the sliding passenger door consistently no problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like they still haven't fixed the power sliding door issue that started with the 2nd gen .... :oops:(n)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had something similar happen a few days ago. The driver's side sliding door was open. I don't think I left it open, but can't be sure. I pressed the button and nothing happened, finally closing it manually. Since then it's been working normally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had something similar happen a few days ago. The driver's side sliding door was open. I don't think I left it open, but can't be sure.
I found the driver side slider open on my 2015 one morning a few weeks ago and kicked myself for leaving it open, but then my neighbor came over the other night to let me know it was open and I hadn't even driven it that day. There's just something wrong with that door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had something similar happen a few days ago. The driver's side sliding door was open. I don't think I left it open, but can't be sure. I pressed the button and nothing happened, finally closing it manually. Since then it's been working normally.
Yeah mine’s been working normally ever since also. Even the clunking subsided. I did give it a wash recently so maybe there was just something caught up in the track. Fingers crossed... but I guess we’ll just see how it goes.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
134 Posts
I had this happen once as well, but here's what it says on Page 143 of the owners manual:
Power sliding door brake function When the power sliding door detects an abnormality and stops operating, power sliding door brake function may be activated. When brake function is activated, door movement is restricted by the brake and motion may appear to be not smooth. This is not malfunction. Move the door to fully closed position to reset the system and normal power sliding door function will resume.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts