Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XSE has minor but consistent noises coming from my second row captain chairs. It sounds like creaking or clicking when going over slightly textured roads. It seems like small shakes cause the chair to move slightly and make this clicking creak sound. It happens when the chair is locked in seating position without anyone sitting in it. When someone sits in it, it does it much less often but still does it. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes for me it comes from the 3rd row, and it would go away if I unlock the seats and slam them back into place. A slight to loud "creak" that vibrates w any bumps I go over. Will try to lube the spot where it clips into a bar if it comes back regularly...

·
Registered
61 Posts
My XSE has minor but consistent noises coming from my second row captain chairs. It sounds like creaking or clicking when going over slightly textured roads. It seems like small shakes cause the chair to move slightly and make this clicking creak sound. It happens when the chair is locked in seating position without anyone sitting in it. When someone sits in it, it does it much less often but still does it. Does anyone else have this issue?
I think I have a similar issue with the right captain's chair and someone else did as well. It turned out to be some loose plastic clip somewhere if I'm not mistaken and would make a rattling sound when there's no weight on the chair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I have a similar issue with the right captain's chair and someone else did as well. It turned out to be some loose plastic clip somewhere if I'm not mistaken and would make a rattling sound when there's no weight on the chair.
Can you link me to where you read this? I couldn’t find it with the search feature. Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Theres a loop to unlatch the 2nd row seat on back bottom. Does the rattle continue if you pull it slightly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are having the same issue in our XLE. We have a bench configuration in the second row, and I can't tell if the clicking is coming from the chair behind the driver's seat or the middle drink console. I am planning to have the dealer look at it when I need to take it in, but would love it if someone has an easy fix. It definitely is driving me a little bonkers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting that it said 3rd row.
I heard this noise from the 2nd row captains chair while sitting in the 3rd. And in zeroing in on it, seems to be the bottom of the chair.
If you sit on the 3rd row, noise goes away. Someone already mentioned its the latch area.
No idea what your next post is about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts