Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Take this to Toyota, they can fix rattles. I had the same annoying rattle on lightly rough roads and found it to be coming form the 2nd row, passenger side, slider latch. took it to the dealer and they added some felt to take up the space where metal was rattling. This is a known issue with a repair method in the TIS and covered under warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for posting the write up from the dealer.
I think the zip ties solved 98% of the rattle. I still get a little muted vibration-rattle on the stretches of road which were previously the most troublesome. (Probably not too noticeable if I wasn't focused on it.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My XSE has minor but consistent noises coming from my second row captain chairs. It sounds like creaking or clicking when going over slightly textured roads. It seems like small shakes cause the chair to move slightly and make this clicking creak sound. It happens when the chair is locked in seating position without anyone sitting in it. When someone sits in it, it does it much less often but still does it. Does anyone else have this issue?
Yes, I am having the same issue with my XSE, have had it back to the dealer multiple times, they replaced parts but it is still doing it. It is a very irritating noise on some rough roads. We all need to complain to Toyota customer care and the dealer where we bought. So far they don't seem to have a fix for it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts