·
Registered
2022 XSE AWD non-tech
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was trying to re-order the music source when I saw this menu:

Scoreboard Font Display device Electronic device Technology

Anyone knows what's this USB2 means? Is there a potential secondary USB slot for playing music other than the shared slot with the phone? Couldn't find anything from the manual.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hmmm... that would be great.

Hate that when using phone attached for GPS can't attach another device for music. All other vehicles we have allow two devices to main slot.

Haven't fiddled around with Music Source screen but don't recall seeing USB2... wonder if trim related; we have base.

·
Registered
2022 XSE AWD non-tech
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... that would be great.

Hate that when using phone attached for GPS can't attach another device for music. All other vehicles we have allow two devices to main slot.

Haven't fiddled around with Music Source screen but don't recall seeing USB2... wonder if trim related; we have base.
It only shows up when you choose to "re-order" the source. I haven't spotted that before as well. Mine is XSE but I guess the LE should have this.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There are two "logical" USB data ports that operate from the one "physical" port BUT, and it's a big but, as soon as you launch AA or CP, the second logical port gets turned off. So, you can have two USB sticks plugged in (via a splitter), but you cannot have your tunes on a USB stick and run AA/CP. Toyota went cheap with just the one physical data port.
Maybe a sign of the chip shortage and in future MYs a second physical data port will be added, but for now it's just the one.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car
Personal luxury car Gadget Audio equipment Electronic device Vehicle audio
Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Parallel

·
Registered
2022 XSE AWD non-tech
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are two "logical" USB data ports that operate from the one "physical" port BUT, and it's a big but, as soon as you launch AA or CP, the second logical port gets turned off. So, you can have two USB sticks plugged in (via a splitter), but you cannot have your tunes on a USB stick and run AA/CP. Toyota went cheap with just the one physical data port.
Maybe a sign of the chip shortage and in future MYs a second physical data port will be added, but for now it's just the one.
View attachment 58571 View attachment 58570
Thanks for the explanation. I got this. Lucky we have the built-in navigation system so less needs for the AA/CP for now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I got this. Lucky we have the built-in navigation system so less needs for the AA/CP for now.
I have not been real impressed with the built in nav system. AA with google maps is much better, and I assume Waze with AA and Car Play with Apple Maps is better. The built in NAV has serious issues with rerouting around known traffic jams and will go back to the original (backed up) route mere seconds after doing the re-routing to get around the traffic jam because it doesn't update these conditions as quickly as Google Maps (or the others) with a much higher reporting base. You can play the music from the device your using for AA/CP.

·
Registered
2022 XSE AWD non-tech
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not been real impressed with the built in nav system. AA with google maps is much better, and I assume Waze with AA and Car Play with Apple Maps is better. The built in NAV has serious issues with rerouting around known traffic jams and will go back to the original (backed up) route mere seconds after doing the re-routing to get around the traffic jam because it doesn't update these conditions as quickly as Google Maps (or the others) with a much higher reporting base. You can play the music from the device your using for AA/CP.
I'm in a small city which I don't need to use navigation at all. So for now I'm good. I do found the route is not as good as Google map. And also the traffic info is trash for sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts