Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I bought this van (2018 XLE) recently, and there is a sensor dangling from around the rearview mirror as is in the picture. The sensor has a button. Is it stock? What does it do? It looks like it needs to be taken back up to the windshield, but I wasn’t quite sure what the orientation should be. Does anyone have a picture? Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
479 Posts
Does not look like anything in MY '18 XLE AWD. I do, however, have an aftermarket remote start module to the right side of the mirror. Do you have remote start in your van? If so, is it aftermarket? (No idea what the button might do.)

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Sienna XLE FWD
23 Posts
Aftermarket remote start is my guess. Are there any numbers on the box that you could google to get information?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aftermarket remote start is my guess. Are there any numbers on the box that you could google to get information?
Hey all, thanks for your replies. From the looks of it, it is an aftermarket remote start antenna (viper xr plus). Somewhat interesting and that it seems like some models allow you to do remote start from the OEM key fob, but that does not work for me. I’ll probably end up removing it since I don’t have the actual key fob. Thank you again for the prompt replies!

·
Registered
2011 Sienna XLE FWD
62 Posts
I have one and after a windshield replacement I needed to alien tape it back onto the glass. The button on it is a valet switch. If the car doesn’t auto start with the fob, you need to press the button once.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts