Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 sienna le we bought new from the dealership with the extended warranty. Last summer I noticed a smell in the trunk area and that it was damp thought I had left something damp on there or a window open. Didn't think much of it. Winter came and now in the last month the smell is back and condensation/wetness. I brought it in yesterday only to find out I have a "major" leak problem and my warranty ended in February 2017. Apparently the extended warranty we bought won't cover this :( The dealership said they needed 3-4 hours of labour $140/hr to find the source of the leak - carpets have mold/mildew, they have panels off etc. I am not sure what to do! Is it true the extended warranty doesn't cover something like this?! I am totally kicking myself for not taking it in last summer when it was still under the 3yr warranty!! Looking for advice...

·
Registered
204 Posts
There could be multiple sources and IMO, the majority should be easy fixes.
Send a pic of the spot, that will help track down the source.

I can think of:
- Rear AC drain plugged.
- Missing one of the multiple rubber floor seals
- Broken, lose rear washer fluid line (how's the pressure?)
- Shock bad upper seal (there would be some noise)
- Window, trunk seams (do a hose test)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership has phoned and said it is due to the "lower bolt hold" of the seat belts and that they replaced the bolts as they were rusty. Still arguing about who will pay for it as I feel like this was a present-existing condition - manufactures defect. I am sure this won't be good for resale etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts