Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly this is the Toyota belt number for the belt I need to fit my 2015. Yet, every dealers website I have looked at so far show "This Product Is No Longer Available".
What gives and does anyone have the correct number?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Web page

·
Registered
723 Posts
The Toyota oem belt is a rebadged Gates belt. The Gates name is even printed on the Toyota belt packaging that you get from the dealer. I believe the Gates part# is K070610.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct about the part number.
RockAuto has them for $28. Of course there are shipping costs to be added.
Thanks for the information.
I still wonder why Toyota doesn't sell them online.

Font Circle Number Parallel Symbol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer told me that this belt part # is indeed in stock, and that the website was wrong.
So, I went ahead and bought the Toyota belt for $33.94 OTD.
It is made in USA.

What is more interesting is this.
Along the belt is printed “Toyota 90916-A2019”. Good so far.
Also along the belt face is printed “Made in USA BANDO 7PK1550”.

RockAuto is selling the BANDO 7PK1550 belt for $10.60 plus tax and shipping.

Purple Blue Azure Rectangle Violet

Automotive tire Font Bumper Rim Rectangle

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
152 Posts
A lot of the small parts are made by other companies as OEM for Toyota.

For example, I’m replacing my water pump. The one installed was stamped TOYOTA and AISIN.

Aisin makes a lot of OEM parts for Japanese cars. I bought an Aisin pump from Rockauto for $95 vs the Toyota MSRP of $174 (though I didn’t check my dealer, and some Toyota dealers sell this online for $140). The new pump came. It was stamped AISIN. And where on my existing pump it said TOYOTA? Well there were grind marks there. I’d bet quite a lot it came off the assembly line stamped TOYOTA there and the TOYOTA was ground off so it could be sold aftermarket. 😂😂😂

·
Registered
723 Posts
Along the belt is printed “Toyota 90916-A2019”. Good so far.
Also along the belt face is printed “Made in USA BANDO 7PK1550”.
You are correct. I checked my package which has the old belt (saved for an emergency) and it is indeed Bando and not Gates as I had mentioned earlier.

A lot of the small parts are made by other companies as OEM for Toyota.

For example, I’m replacing my water pump. The one installed was stamped TOYOTA and AISIN.

Aisin makes a lot of OEM parts for Japanese cars. I bought an Aisin pump from Rockauto for $95 vs the Toyota MSRP of $174 (though I didn’t check my dealer, and some Toyota dealers sell this online for $140). The new pump came. It was stamped AISIN. And where on my existing pump it said TOYOTA? Well there were grind marks there. I’d bet quite a lot it came off the assembly line stamped TOYOTA there and the TOYOTA was ground off so it could be sold aftermarket. 😂😂😂
I would be leery purchasing an OEM part where the manufacturer name has been ground off that part but is still being sold as an OEM component. It is likely that the part did not make it through OEM QA or there was another reason where it was found to be not-fit-for-use and was rejected by the manufacturer. All such parts are supposed to be discarded/destroyed but that is not always the case and often they make it to the grey market.

For such a critical component which is so tedious to replace, I would order it directly from the dealer. Lots of Toyota dealers offer online discounts of upto 30-35% and if you add up the additional Toyota discount of 15-20% every few months, you end up with a significant saving

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
152 Posts
You are correct. I checked my package which has the old belt (saved for an emergency) and it is indeed Bando and not Gates as I had mentioned earlier.

I would be leery purchasing an OEM part where the manufacturer name has been ground off that part but is still being sold as an OEM component. It is likely that the part did not make it through OEM QA or there was another reason where it was found to be not-fit-for-use and was rejected by the manufacturer. All such parts are supposed to be discarded/destroyed but that is not always the case and often they make it to the grey market.

For such a critical component which is so tedious to replace, I would order it directly from the dealer. Lots of Toyota dealers offer online discounts of upto 30-35% and if you add up the additional Toyota discount of 15-20% every few months, you end up with a significant saving
I suppose. But I didn’t buy buy an OEM part from Toyota. I bought a pump made by the company that makes OEM parts for Toyota. I wasn’t expecting it to say Toyota. It wasn’t sold as an OEM part in any form, except that it was listed on Rockauto as being a suitable replacement for the Toyota PN. It came in an Aisin box with an Aisin branded gasket kit. It’s probably not allowed to sell a part that says Toyota if you aren’t a Toyota dealer or parts distributor.

If I bought this from Toyota and it had the Toyota ground off, then I’d be concerned.

Doing a quick search, I found multiple references from all sorts of forums for the past 10+ years where people were discussing Aisin water pumps with Toyota ground off. It appears they sell these to Toyota, and then instead of making a new cast for parts sold to third party parts retailers they simply grind off the Toyota marks instead. It’s exactly identical to the pump I pulled off except for the grinding where the Toyota mark should be (okay, and the pulley mount looks different but that make have just changed over the years, since this pump was made in 2021 and the van was a 2014).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts