Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This instance of 30.3MPG was done during a drizzle of rain, in the evening hours, so not much highway traffic.

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
If I drove my van off a high cliff, I could probably meet and maybe exceed your accomplishment! ;-)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't read that part of the manual. What's the interval from a non direct injection engine?

·
Registered
55 Posts
On our 2015 Sienna we would get anywhere from 22mpg to 29 on trips. When I changed the OE Firestones out for Michelin our average is 21.5 mpg :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
These direct injection engines do save fuel, but payback is the 60k spark plug changes!
Thank Toyota for putting in the Highlander 296 hp (port-injected and direct-injected) built in engine from 2017 on. The valves do get cleaned, unlike a just direct- injected ones.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2015 Sienna SE, was getting 16 in town and 24+ on the CA Freeway. I went to All American Tires for 4 new tires and the Manager recommended 41-42 PSI in the tires.
Went to 18+ in town and could hit 29 on the freeway @ 68 MPH.
Now, who are we to kid.
If you don't get what you say you get, WHO are you fooling?
Ride is a little harsher, but we are "not wearing out" the outer edges of the tires as we were @ 36 PSI.
When I returned to Toyota for some service, they lowered the Tire Pressure to 36 & mileage went down.
Back up to 42 TP.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I run 40 psi on my 2019 Avalon and 2018 Highlander.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Running higher pressures works. 38 psi has been my "highway hard" forever; always giving even tire wear.
We've a "new to us" 2017 LE AWD w/ RFT's.
What general pressures keep these tires happy in moderate climate (100℉ currently)?
They're described as harsh-riding by some.....I disagree. If they wear, they'll be OK for my pal.

BONUS QUESTION: Can the Bridgestone RFT handle moderate (row boat) towing?

·
Registered
168 Posts
2018 XLE AWD, had hit 26 and 27 on freeway trips. This week we went 1,054 miles going over two 4,000 foot Cascade mountain passes to a high desert area. About 150 miles was on dirt and gravel roads up to a 9,500 foot mountain top and down to a dry lake bed and other rough roads. The meter showed 24.6 when we got home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts