Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Set new fuel record for myself of 30.3 MPG.

6K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  pjksr02 
#1 ·
Today I was able to hit 30.3 MPG on a 23.5 mile trip. I was impressed, as I normally only average about 24 or so. 2017 XLE AWD.

Car Vehicle Odometer Speedometer Auto part

See less See more
#12 ·
2015 Sienna SE, was getting 16 in town and 24+ on the CA Freeway. I went to All American Tires for 4 new tires and the Manager recommended 41-42 PSI in the tires.
Went to 18+ in town and could hit 29 on the freeway @ 68 MPH.
Now, who are we to kid.
If you don't get what you say you get, WHO are you fooling?
Ride is a little harsher, but we are "not wearing out" the outer edges of the tires as we were @ 36 PSI.
When I returned to Toyota for some service, they lowered the Tire Pressure to 36 & mileage went down.
Back up to 42 TP.

#14 ·
I run 40 psi on my 2019 Avalon and 2018 Highlander.....

#15 ·
Running higher pressures works. 38 psi has been my "highway hard" forever; always giving even tire wear.
We've a "new to us" 2017 LE AWD w/ RFT's.
What general pressures keep these tires happy in moderate climate (100℉ currently)?
They're described as harsh-riding by some.....I disagree. If they wear, they'll be OK for my pal.

BONUS QUESTION: Can the Bridgestone RFT handle moderate (row boat) towing?

#16 ·
2018 XLE AWD, had hit 26 and 27 on freeway trips. This week we went 1,054 miles going over two 4,000 foot Cascade mountain passes to a high desert area. About 150 miles was on dirt and gravel roads up to a 9,500 foot mountain top and down to a dry lake bed and other rough roads. The meter showed 24.6 when we got home.

#17 ·
I'm surprised. My not yet broken in 2020 SE is getting 28mpg mostly hwy ~80mph. Brigstone RFTs are at 40psi. Added a K&N Filter on the first day and running a lip splitter.

My old 2011 SE was getting ~25-26 at 70MPH. Noticed ~1mpg gain consistently after adding a K&N filter and again another 1-2mpg when i Dropped it on coilovers and added a splitter. realistically i had it too low for MI roads as i scraped the lip on everything but it was worth it for cool factor.

#19 ·
Locomotive steel wheels will get ya even better milage.....has any one tried it yet????

#20 ·
has any one thought about the increased intensity of the vibrations that could loosen up the internal structure and the nuts and bolts as they are getting hammered due to the stiffer ride.....am just sayinnnn....

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.