Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 2" lift kit installed soon but my bigger wish is rear spring air bags to address sag when loaded. It looks like others have installed Firestone Coil-Rite 4155s on FWD versions but as far as I can tell from the Toyota parts diagrams the rear suspension assembly is identical between the AWD and FWD versions. The place that is doing the lift install will do the airbag install but can't guarantee fitment. I'm tempted to have them give it a go and see if it can be made to work.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
272 Posts
From what I've seen on the site, the rear spring location on the FWD and AWD are different. the AWD has some sort of bump stop on the top of the spring mount, while the FWD does not.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I've seen on the site, the rear spring location on the FWD and AWD are different. the AWD has some sort of bump stop on the top of the spring mount, while the FWD does not.
I thought so as well but looking at a parts diagram: REAR SPRING & SHOCK ABSORBER. 2021 toyota Sienna | Mark Jacobson Toyota, Durham NC it looks like FWD has the bump stop as well.

I'd love for someone with a FWD to take a quick picture of their rear coil spring to help me verify :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can probably head to a suspension shop and have custom springs with a higher rate made for not a crazy price.
I've had custom springs for an s2000 and supra in the past and it wasn't more than a few hundred bucks when I did it.
Granted those are much more popular applications, but a spring isn't anything fancy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting a 2" lift kit installed soon but my bigger wish is rear spring air bags to address sag when loaded. It looks like others have installed Firestone Coil-Rite 4155s on FWD versions but as far as I can tell from the Toyota parts diagrams the rear suspension assembly is identical between the AWD and FWD versions. The place that is doing the lift install will do the airbag install but can't guarantee fitment. I'm tempted to have them give it a go and see if it can be made to work.

Thoughts?
I emailed Firestone a while back asking about the Coil-RIte fitment on the AWD version. Here's their response:
"The jounce bumper that is inside the coil spring can’t be removed. That is why our Coil-Rite spring won’t work in your application."

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which is interesting because the FWD seems to have a jounce bumper as well from what I can find in parts diagrams and photos.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,128 Posts
May be the thread below has pictures you're looking for?? or may be not cause it looks like you've been there already... Anyways, it is worth a second look if you haven't recently.

Btw, one of the pics from @m3highlander shows the remains of the jounce? The rugged edges just above the blue bag appears as such to me?

·
Registered
2021 FWD 8-passenger XLE in Blizzard Pearl
28 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts