181 - 182 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
How much does this weigh?
a 2018 Coachmen 24RBS is :
4770 lbs empty
7000 lbs loaded.
Far too much for a Sienna to pull or stop safely.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Regarding...

" Our set up includes a WD system dual friction sway control bars (due to length of trailer), of course a brake, extension mirrors to see around the trailer and we did have our hitch reinforced by an expert RV place here in Ontario. The reinforcement isn't complicated or extensive it is basically a square tube welded to the back of the receiver tube on the hitch and it extends to just behind the rear axle, bolted in there. This prevents any potential of the tube twisting when the WD is applied which helps in transferring/redistributing the load to the front axle of the van and to the trailer axles. We are fully within specs for our axle capacities on the van."

Would you please kindly provide pictures of the hitch behind receiver reinforcement?

Do you use airbags?

Also, what towing extension mirrors are you using?

Sorry if the questions are too numerous, so if you have an inventory of all the Sienna mods to tow the 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 249RKS travel trailer, that would be great also!

Our tow vehicle is a 2015 Sienna LE 8 Passenger, but it's just me an the wife.
Sorry for the delay in responding I don't log in here much anymore as this will be our last Sienna since new one is hybrid only. I will send you a message as you requested in the PM section.

181 - 182 of 182 Posts