Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've seen and heard many complaints about problems with the 2005 Sienna anti-lock braking system (ABS). In our case, the ABS comes on whenever the van tilts the slightest amount. The system kicks in a activates the brakes making it extremely dangerous and unpredictable to drive.

We cannot sell the van because of this problem. We can't drive it safely. Our local Toyota dealer will fix it if we pay for it. Given how many people have the same problem, it seems to be a defect instead of regular wear and tear. I am considering legal action before someone gets injured or worse. Anyone know how to contact Toyota legal about this kind of issue?
Thanks
bwait

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I also have a 2006 with "locking-brakes". No money for repairs; BUT, had "take-off" new tires put on that were slightly bigger than originals andproblem "went-away". PLEASE NOTE, I am not suggesting messing with tire sizes. In MY case, whatever the reason, brakes will not lock anymore (ABS). Perhaps it
might be a question of tire clearances adjustment ????????????????? By the way, how much money the dealer wanted to repair your ABS lock-brake system ??????????????? Most interested in any of your feedback. Johann

1 - 2 of 2 Posts