Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sienna XSE came with all wether carpet mat which I do not like. I ordered all weather liner, and installed it today. Surprisingly, those liner do not have 2nd row side parts. So, I just keep carpet mat for side areas. Do you have any better idea for those sides?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Take a look at this thread: 2021 Sienna Floor mats

I'm waiting for someone who ordered the WeatherTech floor mats for the 2nd and 3rd rows to post pics as they just recently came out with one for the car. Hopefully, they'll have the side cover.

Note that I also have the same all-weather OEM floor mat like yours as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Sienna XSE came with all wether carpet mat which I do not like. I ordered all weather liner, and installed it today. Surprisingly, those liner do not have 2nd row side parts. So, I just keep carpet mat for side areas. Do you have any better idea for those sides?
I would think you could find some semi thick grey rubberized vinyl cut it to size put some double sided carpet tape to hold it in placed. Does not look that hard to solve. On the door side I would think the vinyl could be slid under the lip of the door jamb plastic......just like the installed carpet is tucked under that jamb. I do not have my vehicle yet, but you might be able to slide some it under that track raceway if it has a lip, on the opposite side. I do not know how wide that Gap is.

Amazon: $22. Neoprene Rubber Strips Solid Rubber Rolls Neoprene Solid Rubber Sheet for DIY Gasket, Warehouse, Pads, Seals, Weather Stripping, Crafts, Flooring, Supports. (W:4In x T: 1/16In x L: 10Ft)

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE, Blueprint
9 Posts
I would think you could find some semi thick grey rubberized vinyl cut it to size put some double sided carpet tape to hold it in placed. Does not look that hard to solve. On the door side I would think the vinyl could be slid under the lip of the door jamb plastic......just like the installed carpet is tucked under that jamb. I do not have my vehicle yet, but you might be able to slide some it under that track raceway if it has a lip, on the opposite side. I do not know how wide that Gap is.

Amazon: $22. Neoprene Rubber Strips Solid Rubber Rolls Neoprene Solid Rubber Sheet for DIY Gasket, Warehouse, Pads, Seals, Weather Stripping, Crafts, Flooring, Supports. (W:4In x T: 1/16In x L: 10Ft)
Even less at home depot, and it more of a harder rubber, comes cut to length about $14....need about 4 foot of it, and you'd easily have enough for 4 strips as the roll width is 24" or so.
IMG_8414.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even less at home depot, and it more of a harder rubber, comes cut to length about $14....need about 4 foot of it, and you'd easily have enough for 4 strips as the roll width is 24" or so. View attachment 50148 View attachment 50149
There you go, an easy solution. It will slip right under that door jamb plastic and double side carpet tape if need be. You search around and you can find the color of the actual mats.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid with Advanced Safety Package
95 Posts
Sad to have to do this for a vehicle that can run as much as mid $50k

Reactions: hlee251

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sad to have to do this for a vehicle that can run as much as mid $50k
The mats are only $220. Are the mats standard equipment on the platinum? I will be doing this on my base LE. I suppose there are better mat options out there, but it fixes a need. Looks like eBay has some cheaper options with the little stripps down each side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For me, I had no choice but to get the all weather mats as they came with the car and the dealer wouldn’t remove them since they got it on a dealer trade from down state. Otherwise I would have paid 300 for the the Canadian version...but didn’t want to be wasteful. Instead, $14 to fix it (probably better than the Canadian version) was my best choice).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Even less at home depot, and it more of a harder rubber, comes cut to length about $14....need about 4 foot of it, and you'd easily have enough for 4 strips as the roll width is 24" or so.
This is exactly what I did. Bought mine on Amazon...I took the rubber strip and cut it to the same shape as the existing carpet piece and put two Velcro strips underneath and just placed it right on top of the carpeted strips on each side. Worked out fine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For me, I had no choice but to get the all weather mats as they came with the car and the dealer wouldn’t remove them since they got it on a dealer trade from down state. Otherwise I would have paid 300 for the the Canadian version...but didn’t want to be wasteful. Instead, $14 to fix it (probably better than the Canadian version) was my best choice).
Did you have to stick anything to hold it down or did it fit perfectly underneath the two edges to where it is tightly secured?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you have to stick anything to hold it down or did it fit perfectly underneath the two edges to where it is tightly secured?
Nope. It just tucks under each trim by about a 1/4 inch on each side. It’s not going anywhere unless you peal it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even less at home depot, and it more of a harder rubber, comes cut to length about $14....need about 4 foot of it, and you'd easily have enough for 4 strips as the roll width is 24" or so. View attachment 50148 View attachment 50149
In your first pieture, what is that black stepper at 2nd row seat? Where did you get it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts