Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Sienna with 230k, and the trans is going out, so I am looking at a 2014-2018 LE/XLE as a replacement. I drove a 2015 XLE, and the seat seemed fine. I also drove a 2018 LE to evaluate the different transmissions and thought the seat was not as comfortable - my 2004 felt better. Have there been changes over those years or is there a difference in the seat cushioning between the trim levels? It could also have been unique to that vehicle, but since we use this for long trips - 4,800 miles in three weeks this summer comfort is critical.

Thanks for your insights.

· Premium Member
383 Posts
Maybe you're just used to the 2004. When i went from a 2000 Dodge Caravan to my current 2007 Sienna, I thought the Caravan seats was tons better than the Sienna. I have since gotten acustommed to it. I still believe the Caravan had better seats but the Sienna doesn't bother me as much anymore.

· Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 LE, and find the seat comfortable, as long as the adjustable lumbar support is mostly inflated. If it's down, the seat feels like it's missing it, like it's almost hollowed out. I just wanted to make sure you're aware of the adjustable lumbar feature, and adjusted it to your liking

· Registered
847 Posts
2011 XLE leather here, I drove 14 hrs non stop except for gas and pitstop from CA to WA. No issues for me. 700 mile one way. My second such trip the past year.

Has lumbar support.

Many years ago I rented a Sienna (2011 as well but le) drove to Yellowstone 18 hrs each way, no issues.

· Registered
2018 XLE AWD
702 Posts
I had the same "issues" going from an '05 LE AWD to an '18 XLE AWD.

After living with the '18 for a year, I finally found a combination of height/angle/reach that is comfortable. Can't say whether it's the same position that was in the '05, but it's something that works. The nice thing is that minor adjustments are easy when on a longer trip. It does not take much of a change to make a big difference in comfort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts