Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 Toyota Sienna LE AWD, 18x8" +35 KMC wheels, Continental All-Terrain tires, 5mm wheel spacers in front, 15mm wheel spacers in back, red painted calipers, SE struts and shocks, LE springs in front, 25mm strut spacer in front, +25mm trim height springs in rear with +30% spring force, factory style fog lamps, rally lights in grill, HID upgraded headlamps with black painted trim, functional tow hooks welded to frame, torklift central 2" ecohitch, performance dual exhaust, wheel fender flares, matte black body graphic surround, mass balancing graphics, TRD 4x4 off-road decals.

*A special thanks goes out to 4x4Cal for all his help with designing the lift kit

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys! The fender flares where simply cut from a 3mm sheet of ABS. I made a cardboard template first. I wrapped them in the same black vinyl I used elsewhere, and attached them with double sided automotive tape.

The locations were Yosemite, Sequoia, Redwoods, Death Valley and Joshua Tree national parks, and everywhere in between.

I haven't modified the interior yet, but the main plan is to replace the head unit with an Alpine ILX-107 and get red tartan seat covers (like the Jeep FC concept from a few years ago). But there really isn't a plan at this time to convert it into a true camper.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks great! Are the fenders themselves stock or did you need to trim or roll the metal to make room for the tire?

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
That looks great! Would you mind itemizing your cost for these mods? If you aren't comfortable posting $$ but are ok PM'ing, I'd really love to know. In any case, great looking van and enjoy your sweet ride!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks great and awesome photos. Makes a lot more sense then lowering. Very nice addition. They should make this a package.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi odd,

You are welcome.

Congratulation on the project. Your 4x4 Sienna looks amazing.

I saw you have custom exhaust. Can you tell me how you make them?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all, here are some answers:

The first mod was putting on the new wheels and tires. Those made the biggest change in handling - it made it enjoyable to drive. I then added the 1" lift, but I used 4x4Cal's method of combining front spacers, LE front springs, SE struts and shocks, and custom firmer rear springs. So while it's higher, it also has the sportier dampening of the SE, so effects of the extra height are muted. I would say it handle slightly better than just adding the new tires, I almost dare say it is fun to drive.

Regarding costs, you prompted me to add it all up - ouch! So the van needed new struts, shocks and probably springs, brakes and tires - so that is probably a good $2500 that it needed in maintenance. But the total came to $6000. That includes a couple expensive mistakes on my part. It also includes a few improvements that weren't necessarily apart of lift modification, such as upgrading the horrible stock halogen headlights to awesome HIDs.

Yes, everyone we came across thought it was a stock package:
"Yo, someone's got an off-road minivan Bro!"
"Is that really a 4x4? I really wanted a minivan but I need 4wd."
"Dude, that van has the TRD 4x4 package! It's got the upgraded suspension and 4wd"
"That is exactly what I wanted! I hate driving that gas guzzling Sequoia"
"Hey Hun, remind me when we get home to research Sienna TRD"

For the custom exhaust, I took it the less safe part of town to a muffler shop that'll pretty much do anything you ask. They put on a Magnaflo single in dual out muffler and the dual pipes. I drove it around the block and pulled back in and told them to cut out the Magnaflo and put in the quietest thing they had. He used what he called a 'silencer', whatever that means, but it's a little louder than stock. Not too bad, has a nice little snarl from the outside, but at certain throttle positions it can drone a little louder than I like on the inside. See attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where'd you get the bumper/valence/whatever you call it for the dual exhaust? It looks really well done; OEM quality in the photos. Is it just cutouts in the stock bumper that are finished with something?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts