Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the first draft of the new service agreement pricing matrix. As I tweak things, I'll update the file. The pricing won't change until at least June/July, when TFS says they have some new programs and stuff coming out. Please let me know if you have any questions!

----------
NEW HIGHER PRICES COMING AUGUST 1st. PLEASE EMAIL ME BEFORE THEN IF YOU WANT TO LOCK IN THE PRICES NOW!
----------

I had to take down the price link because we switched web servers. I will work on getting it back up shortly. thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Doug,

Posted this on one of the other links. Any info would be appreciated.

Much has been said on these forums about Warranty's for cars purchased in Florida. That there is State law and regulations prohibiting out of state sales of warranties and price regulations. Just curious if that is true.

We paid $1000 for the 7/100k/0 on a used 08 LE. Looking at the numbers here I don't feel too bad. I didn't want to miss it and get hung up on these rumored laws/regulations.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have spoken to Toyota Financial Services on numerous occasions about Florida customers, and also for Canadian customers.

I'll address the Florida customers first. Since South East Toyota (Florida) is technically seperate from Toyota Motor Sales US, their dealers do not offer the Toyota Financial products (Extra Care VSA)...however if you live in Florida, and you want to purchase from us, we recommend that you check with your local dealer and make sure they will accept & work on vehicles with Toyota Financial Services Extra Care VSA coverage. We can sell the coverage to you, it's just up to the dealer to work on the vehicle under the program. The state of Florida regulates the price of VSA's sold by dealers in Florida, but does not for dealerships outside the state of Florida.

Canadian customers, you also have a few options. If you purchased your vehicle in the US and then took it to Canada, or if it was sold new in the US and then you purchase it in Canada, you can also purchase the Toyota Extra Care coverage from us. There is a little more paperwork on our end to do for you, but Toyota administers these programs from the same location and therefore will provide you the coverage in the US or Canada, regardless of where you have the work done. If you purchased a vehicle brand new from a dealer in Canada, I recommend contacting them for your coverage options.

Obviously, these policies may change at any time. I'm not offering any legal advice, just basing my statements off of our experiences here. I also still recommend checking with your local dealership service department and ensuring they will honor the Toyota Extra Care Service Contracts before you purchase one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Florida and seems no one knows about the Platinum policy. But when I brought my car in, they said that I had the corporate policy and I had no problems. If you call the service number located in the platinum policy, they will direct you to the nearest Toyota dealer in Florida for work. I believe all toyota dealers are under contract with Toyota Motor corp and part of that is the toyota motor corp extended warranty.

I opened my contract with Toyota Financial services. In the small print it states:

Toyota Financial Services mark of Toyota Motor Services Inc. and it's subsidiary, Toyota Motor Insurance Company. In Florida, Toyota Motor Insurance Company is the vehicle Service Agreement obligor and administrator. Toyota Insurance Services Inc, is doing business as Toyota Motor Services Company or Toyota Motor Insurance Agency in certain states. This information is on the declarations page just under the signature of the vice president of Toyota Financial services.

So, for Florida residents, "Toyota Motor Insurance Company" is the Florida registered company who administers the policy for Toyota Motor Insurance Company. Warranty complaints would go to the department of insurance against Toyota Motor Insurance Company, a company registered in Florida.

Any problem with a dealer in Florida doing Platinum Warranty work would be directed to state of Florida Insurance Commissioner.
The Registration of the company is located here:

TOYOTA MOTOR INSURANCE COMPANY Florida License:
http://www.floir.com/CompanySearch/each_comp.asp?PREDAY=4/6/2009+&IREID=101479&AUTHID=101479&FICTNAME=&ADDRTYPE=ALL&CCRCNAME=

Platinum (extra Care) Warranty work is done at Toyota dealers under the Florida license outlined above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Based on my experience (or should I say observations) the TFS VSA is more flexable than the South East Toyota VSA. The TFS VSA is good in all states including Alaska, but not Hawaii. It is also good in Canada. The people that run the SE region can be hard to deal with, requiring additional work by the dealer to be performed (at the dealers cost) and worse, not covering some items that TFS would cover. This means that the service departments prefer the TFS VSA over the SE VSA.

It's just insurance if you think about it. You can purchase some good generic VSA's as well, the dealer doesn't care which one you have as long as they get paid right and you the customer are properly covered.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The TFS VSA is good in all states including Alaska, but not Hawaii.
Do you mean it is not honored in Hawaii. I was thinking about buying it?

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Are these prices better then what you can get at most local delerships? I didn't look into the extended service contract yet, but think it may be a good idea on my 2009 Sienna AWD

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
IME, in many cases it is VERY much better.

Call a few of your local dealerships to get an idea of what they charge. Some will be happy to quote you over the phone or via e-mail. Others may try to play "hard-sell" and get you to walk-in....forget those.

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Doug is a good guy, his prices are very honest and straight forward. Others have bought here and are very satisfied.

Doug sells cars too so give him a call if you need something.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the nice words.

I wanted to give an update - the pricing available now will change on August 1, 2009. I will update as soon as I know, but I can tell you that the prices will go up some. That makes now the perfect time to purchase your extended coverage before the price increases! Call me 877-442-8474, or email me [email protected] with your questions, or to get more information!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Although many of the general comments in this thread still apply, please see the link below for more current info regarding pricing/policies.

NEW TFS SERVICE CONTRACTS - NEW TERMS & NEW PRICING
http://siennachat.com/forum/index.php/topic,1152.0.html

Locking this topic as the pricing/policies have been updated.

topspy/Mod-Squad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.