Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
HAHA. I love watching those vids on Youtube. We don't have too much of that type of stuff happening in Canada. But some of the big cities in the USA have tons of vids of that type of stuff going on. Very stupid but I love to watch. :)
I just sold off my 3 wheeler but still have 2 dirt bikes. I don't ride street anymore.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'm in Nassau County and they just proposed or passed a law making doing dangerous stunts illegal and punishable with a $100 fine and police can impound their bikes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
problem is catching them...which they probably won't

·
Registered
40 Posts
What we need are more Range Rovers

I remember this too and I was really outraged when I first saw it. The bikers stopped in front of the Range Rover and boxed him in. The driver had his wife and 2 year old with him and he felt threatened so he drove off and ran over 1 or more bikers. They chased him down and beat him up. It actually amazed me that with all the police we have in NYC, not a single one saw this chase and went after them and prevented the driver from being attacked. When I saw one of the videos and sent it to my coworker who rides a motorcycle, we ended up debating whether or not the driver was right or wrong for running over the bikers. I don't blame the driver. If I felt my child's life was in any kind of danger I'd do whatever I need to do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I remember this too and I was really outraged when I first saw it. The bikers stopped in front of the Range Rover and boxed him in. The driver had his wife and 2 year old with him and he felt threatened so he drove off and ran over 1 or more bikers. They chased him down and beat him up. It actually amazed me that with all the police we have in NYC, not a single one saw this chase and went after them and prevented the driver from being attacked. When I saw one of the videos and sent it to my coworker who rides a motorcycle, we ended up debating whether or not the driver was right or wrong for running over the bikers. I don't blame the driver. If I felt my child's life was in any kind of danger I'd do whatever I need to do.

one dude became a paraplegic because he got run over, tried to sue. at least 11 people got convicted.

i have a garage full of motorcycles too. riding in the city has changed, so i tend to stay away if i have only two wheels under me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i remember that. lot more vids before and after. iirc, a couple cops were in that mob, and they lost their jobs, right?
At least one police officer lost their job for their role in the attack. This Wikipedia article explains the incident and the aftermath.

·
Registered
40 Posts
one dude became a paraplegic because he got run over, tried to sue. at least 11 people got convicted.

i have a garage full of motorcycles too. riding in the city has changed, so i tend to stay away if i have only two wheels under me.
The bikers stopped on the West Side Highway and forced the Range Rover driver to stop. You can see at the beginning of the video that bikers blocked all 3 lanes of traffic when they stopped. Everything that happened after that was a result of their actions so the biker who became a paraplegic because he was run over by the Range Rover is responsible for himself being in that condition. If he kept riding on the highway like he was supposed to then he wouldn't have been run over by the Range Rover.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool. I'm assuming you didn't send SCPD the slow mo edited version showing the cop falling down after he missed grabbing one of the guys. :)

Of course I did

I even highlighted the time stamp to reflect it lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here's tonight's winner lol

I swear, I'm like a magnet for crazy shit on the road
What kind of dash cams are you using? There are so many different models on Amazon (along with fake reviews according to Fakespot) so I'm not sure what to get. I'd like to get get a dual camera model that records both front and rear in at least 1080p resolution.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What kind of dash cams are you using? There are so many different models on Amazon (along with fake reviews according to Fakespot) so I'm not sure what to get. I'd like to get get a dual camera model that records both front and rear in at least 1080p resolution.

BlueSkySea Mini0906 dual cam for front and rear views

It records in 1080p @ 30fps for each cam (or 60fps if you use the front cam only)

For the interior shot, I'm using a BlueSkySea B1W
It also shoots in 1080p @ 30fps, but I have it set to 720p to preserve recording capacity.
In all honesty, I can't tell the difference between the 1080 and 720

1 - 19 of 19 Posts