Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2015 Limited AWD came with just the stock (non-sliding) console.

I haven't seem the sliding version in person. What are the benefits of it? Are there any drawbacks?

Wondering if this is a mod worth pursuing..

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Here's a link to a photo in a previous post that shows the one in our 2014 Limited FWD: Must have accessories for Sienna

The main benefit is that it holds drinks for the 2nd row passenger better than the holders in the sliding doors. As shown in the photo, we have an ice bucket that fits perfectly in the space when the rear portion of the console is slid all the way to the rear. When the ice bucket is not there, I use the space to hold a bunch of shopping bags. I can't think of any drawbacks. It's handy but I doubt that I would miss it if I had never had it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a link to a photo in a previous post that shows the one in our 2014 Limited FWD: Must have accessories for Sienna

The main benefit is that it holds drinks for the 2nd row passenger better than the holders in the sliding doors. As shown in the photo, we have an ice bucket that fits perfectly in the space when the rear portion of the console is slid all the way to the rear. When the ice bucket is not there, I use the space to hold a bunch of shopping bags. I can't think of any drawbacks. It's handy but I doubt that I would miss it if I had never had it.
Thanks G1. That photo is helpful.

My non-sliding console has some electrical plugs, so this may be a non-starter unless there is a similar version of the Limited console that both slides and has the plugs.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
My non-sliding console has some electrical plugs, so this may be a non-starter unless there is a similar version of the Limited console that both slides and has the plugs.
There are two versions of the "pocket, console box" on the back of the sliding console - one with the video and 120V plugs and one without. I assume that the one with the plugs is for the Limited Premium FWD with the rear video screen and the one without the plugs is for the "regular" Limited FWD.

I've wondered how the cables to the plugs are routed to allow the rear of the console to extend rearward. That might be something you will have to deal with if you install a console with the rear sliding portion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one in my 2013 AWD XLE. I have the version without the plugs. I like the storage in the console but i found I dont really use the slide out unless I have a passenger and we eat fast food which doesn't happen very often. I'm a single guy though with no kids. I can see it being much more handy with a family.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our daughter (12) rides in the 2nd row and could reach the cupholders easier with a sliding console. Geezer1 indicates there's a version of that with the video and 120v plugs. I have yet to see one of those; will keep my eye out, but it's not a huge priority. I also wonder how the cabling works on the sliding version. I assume I could splice it in, although "assuming" has caused me some problems at times..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts