Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I am hoping someone can help me. I have spent hours looking online, but is seems no one has the same problem I do.
The passenger rear sliding door is stuck in lock. I can't unlock it. I am afraid I will brake it if I push any harder. That of course means I cannot open the door at all.
I did take it in to a mechanic. He said it was the door actuator and proceeded to show me why. He had unlocked it with a screwdriver and said it wouldn't close, so it was the actuator. I asked if it worked if he turned off the automatic part of the door to make it manual. "Oh, I didn't think of that" he said. I had to turn it off myself and show him that when it was unlocked it didn't close all the way but when it was locked it did close. He proceeded to say "I still think it is the lock actuator" I am having a hard time trusting that that is correct. It might be, but I am wondering if anyone has the same issue and if that is actually what the problem is.
Please let me know if you can.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
What is the year and trim level of your Sienna?

Regards, JC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 LE is what I have and I have the same problem. I am almost to the point where I just want to take a crow bar to the thing but I'd rather try a softer approach. I am looking for some guidance.
thanks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a 2002 Sienna, not sure if that door is the same or not. Find my postings, I am swamped right now or I would link for you.

There is an adjustment for the locks. They can go "won't unlock", or "won't lock". Find my postings and there should be photographs and detailed instructions. In my case, only re-adjustment, no parts needed (unless you break or lose something, heh, heh.)

As I said, I am only sure of this on 2002 generation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 LE is what I have and I have the same problem. I am almost to the point where I just want to take a crow bar to the thing but I'd rather try a softer approach. I am looking for some guidance.
thanks!
Were you able to fix? Just bought a 2004. Same issue. Cannot unlock drivers side sliding door

1 - 8 of 8 Posts