Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

301 - 310 of 310 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,458 Posts
Do me a favor and give me a thumbs up or down on my interpretation of properly 'opting in' please? The legalese in use on these suits is almost as confusing as what I've put in on some of my US Patent applications!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Do me a favor and give me a thumbs up or down on my interpretation of properly 'opting in' please? The legalese in use on these suits is almost as confusing as what I've put in on some of my US Patent applications!
👍👍👍

You have my three thumbs up on your interpretation.

·
Super Moderator
4,458 Posts
Sounds like a trip back to the dealership is in your immediate future!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the process of having my recall done. But I have a question on the issues with the fuel hinge door. What exactly are the problems that you guys are having?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
In the process of having my recall done. But I have a question on the issues with the fuel hinge door. What exactly are the problems that you guys are having?
Here are two of the threads about the top fuel door hinge breaking ... very common:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Got this and the airbag recall done today. The job took roughly 6 hours and I was provided a loaner rental. They also replaced the front & rear locks as part of the door recall. The work was done very professionally and I did not find any issues. I am glad I waited this long

The only glitch I ran into was that the dealership didn't have the upper glove box in stock and I'll have to make another visit to get that replaced

·
Registered
50 Posts
The door came open while I had the gas filler in the the filler. Broke the top hinge off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received a letter in the mail from Toyota on Saturday announcing a "Customer Confidence Program" initiated for 2011-2018 Siennas that indicates they will replace the following:

Power Sliding Door Cable Sub Assmeble
Sliding Door Center Hinge Assembly
Fuel Filler Door Hinge and Pin
Power Sliding Door Rear Lock Assembly
Sliding Door Front Lock Assembly

The program extends the repair of these items for 10 years no matter the mileage. Anyone else receive this letter?

My fuel door hinge is broken on my Sienna. Most of the information in the letter involves the sliding door issues (I already replaced the cable on one of my sliding doors), but really doesn't say anything about the fuel door except that it will take 2 days due to the necessity of painting the replacement fuel door. I tried an online search to see if there was additional information but didn't find anything. Nothing on this chat either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also got same Customer Confidence Program letter for our 2011 Sienna XLE AWD. We didn't do the cable sub assembly on the recall earlier but we have now scheduled with Dealer to take it in and check over/replace what is necessary. We've not really noticed significant problems with the sliding doors and our fuel filler door hinge/pin was replace prior to us purchasing. I can update after the work at Dealer is done late next week. Hoping it goes well!

301 - 310 of 310 Posts