Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2017 XLE Sienna. When I open the right door, it’s completely fine. However, when I close it, it goes almost all the way, but then slows down, stops, beeps, and opens back up. If I help it along it manages to close all the way, but it can’t close all the way by itself. Have any of you faced this problem before? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
108 Posts
dirt/debris in the track ?

lubed?

something is causing resistance and engaging the safety retract on the door.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
There are many past threads about this problem which you can probably find with a search. Cleaning the tracks and lubricating the big hinge at the back of the door would probably solve the problem but most sliding door repairs are covered at no cost by a variety of Customer Support Programs for 10 years after the vehicles in-service date.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
There are many past threads about this problem which you can probably find with a search. Cleaning the tracks and lubricating the big hinge at the back of the door would probably solve the problem but most sliding door repairs are covered at no cost by a variety of Customer Support Programs for 10 years after the vehicle in-service date.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts