Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 09 Sienna with electrical sliding doors. I checked the forum but I did not find the answer to my issue.

Car is unlocked completely and if I pull the handle, driver side door won't open. But with the remote control button or inside button, the doors slide out no problem. To close the door, the handle works well. Even of pulled in the middle of movement, it change the direction all ok. Doors will close properly and without any issue.

The described symptom does not appear all the time, its like fifty fifty chance it won't open.

I already changed the pulling wires on the other side, so have general idea of door internal parts, but did not figure this out yet. I suspect maybe the slightly off align of the doors may prevent to start sliding out process? Any align guide available?

Thanks for your tips, I appreciate your help! ;-)

PS: I can make a video of the problem if it helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 09 Sienna with electrical sliding doors. I checked the forum but I did not find the answer to my issue.

Car is unlocked completely and if I pull the handle, driver side door won't open. But with the remote control button or inside button, the doors slide out no problem. To close the door, the handle works well. Even of pulled in the middle of movement, it change the direction all ok. Doors will close properly and without any issue.

The described symptom does not appear all the time, its like fifty fifty chance it won't open.

I already changed the pulling wires on the other side, so have general idea of door internal parts, but did not figure this out yet. I suspect maybe the slightly off align of the doors may prevent to start sliding out process? Any align guide available?

Thanks for your tips, I appreciate your help! ;-)

PS: I can make a video of the problem if it helps
Bump. I'm having the exact same problem on my 05 xle limited. Anyone know what's going on? thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bump. I'm having the exact same problem on my 05 xle limited. Anyone know what's going on? thanks
So i finally found the problem and easy solution. The steel cable running from the handle to the door-clutch assembly had stretched out overtime. The solution is to replace the cable, AKA Pain-in-the-ass project, or this easy fix. Where the cable sheathing terminates at the door clutch, just take the sheathing out of its resting clip and move it back a little bit. Works like a charm!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i finally found the problem and easy solution. The steel cable running from the handle to the door-clutch assembly had stretched out overtime. The solution is to replace the cable, AKA Pain-in-the-ass project, or this easy fix. Where the cable sheathing terminates at the door clutch, just take the sheathing out of its resting clip and move it back a little bit. Works like a charm!
Huge props to this guy and this picture. This "fix" worked perfectly for me with similar symptoms. I put a little hot glue on the sheathing part so it wouldn't slip out even tho the chances of that are slim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You, sir, are a saint. This worked perfectly for me but....for all others, I had to move two of these sheaths. The one this user pointed out as well as the grey one shown in the far left (just the tip is showing) of his picture. Heck yes!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts