Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my toyota sienna 2021 le last week and realized it doesn't have the smart key option to open the doors without having to take your keys out everytime to unlock and lock the car. Is there a way to get this installed at the dealer or any recommendations?
Thank you!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Those are 1 of 2 features I wouldnt mind having on the LE, the Smart Key and automatic front and rear safety braking feature.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Can you describe the specific functionality you are looking for? The LE has a push button remote key fob to lock and unlock the doors.

If you are asking about the functionality to touch the door handle to lock and unlock, to the best of my knowledge that cannot be added As an aftermarket or dealer installed option.

Reactions: Mikeyandy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you describe the specific functionality you are looking for? The LE has a push button remote key fob to lock and unlock the doors.

If you are asking about the functionality to touch the door handle to lock and unlock, to the best of my knowledge that cannot be added As an aftermarket or dealer installed option.
I would like the ability to unlock and lock without having to take my keys out of my pocket. Because if I were to lock the keys in the car I would be screwed. I wish they would have included it in the base model

·
Registered
2021 Blueprint Sienna Platinum AWD “The Cruising Vessel”
56 Posts
I would like the ability to unlock and lock without having to take my keys out of my pocket. Because if I were to lock the keys in the car I would be screwed. I wish they would have included it in the base model
I saw a video where a guy was talking about how hard it is to lock the keys in the 2021 Sienna. It should be fine if you keep it in the cup holder cubby in the center. I did find this warning message though, so be sure not to put your keys in the door cubby or on top of the instrument panel.
Water Font Rectangle Handwriting Circle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much!
I saw a video where a guy was talking about how hard it is to lock the keys in the 2021 Sienna. It should be fine if you keep it in the cup holder cubby in the center. I did find this warning message though, so be sure not to put your keys in the door cubby or on top of the instrument panel.
View attachment 50053

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,522 Posts
I've seen kits to upgrade key start systems to pushbutton start (for Gen-III Sienna), but the ability to unlock doors by proximity or to lock by touching a sensor on the door handle requires a lot of additional RF transmission hardware.

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
128 Posts
I’m with you. Is it just a software upgrade?
I don't think so, there are proximity sensors at the door handles. After having the Sienna for a few weeks I'm getting pretty good at hitting the unlock button on the fob inside my pocket. I do wish I had the proximity doors, that would be a feature I would appreciate every single time I went to drive! It just wasn't worth the extra $5K to get an XLE instead of an LE. plus I don't like moon roofs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think so, there are proximity sensors at the door handles. After having the Sienna for a few weeks I'm getting pretty good at hitting the unlock button on the fob inside my pocket. I do wish I had the proximity doors, that would be a feature I would appreciate every single time I went to drive! It just wasn't worth the extra $5K to get an XLE instead of an LE. plus I don't like moon roofs.
I just turned in a Pacifica. It had remote start and proximity locks, but I did lock the keys in first week I had it.
I think it would be nice to warm up the car and unlock from your phone. Those things should be an upgrade. SDly though, I cannot even get my Alexa to work.

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
128 Posts
After a lot of effort I gave up on Alexa and the entune suite in general.

Toyota offers these packages of options, strategically organized just like the cable companies do. They put one or two killer features in each upgrade level If you could buy only what you wanted ala cart they'd make less money! I believe remote start requires a more advanced audio system than what comes in the LE. it's not possible (or at least easy) to upgrade after manufacturing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my toyota sienna 2021 le last week and realized it doesn't have the smart key option to open the doors without having to take your keys out everytime to unlock and lock the car. Is there a way to get this installed at the dealer or any recommendations?
Thank you!
I don't mind buying the XLE but I can't stand leather seats and they say you MUST get the leather seats. Damn shame.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts