Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone who has done this can give input...

I am going to add sound deadening to all 4 doors this week. I am debating if I should add it to the lift gate. Since its way back there, I don't think there is any benefit. But, we do have the JBL's and the sub is in there...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case anyone ever comes and looks at this... all I did was the 4 doors and covered them 90%. Wow. HUGE difference. With the leftover I did some in the footwell, but not crazy amount. This was a VERY well worth project.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In case anyone ever comes and looks at this... all I did was the 4 doors and covered them 90%. Wow. HUGE difference. With the leftover I did some in the footwell, but not crazy amount. This was a VERY well worth project.
What brand sound proofing did you use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the followup. I'm looking to do something similar with Noico 80 mil tiles, CCF, and 1lb MLV. Hopefully I don't break any tabs/clips.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Amazon sells some crappy self-adhesive CCF where the adhesive melts when affixed to MLV in the heat. This only seems to happen when the CCF is stuck to the MLV, not the door frame, so just be aware of that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW, just checked Amazon. $99 for 1 roll. Does that mean you spent $329 for the 4 rolls or close to $400 for 4 doors? I've never done sound proofing but I didn't think it'd be that expensive either...
Yes... it is not cheap, but well worth it. The product is the best and you get what you pay for. 4 rolls got me all 4 doors, enough for the footwells, and then a bit in the rear door. Even though the rear door is far back there, because we have the JBL subwoofer, that made big difference too. When you open the panels, you'll see they're just hallow. Once you put the sound insulation in, oh my, big difference. I drive a Lexus and I hated getting in the van. Not anymore. The highway noise, wind noise, and all is all gone. I can actually hear my kids headphones, talk normal, and not hear every car around me. The Siennas, even a 2019, have awful sound insulation and this does wonders. Definitely one of the best improvements you can do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you don't have the subwoofer, then skip the rear door. But if you do, sound skin in rear door will make the subwoofer sound much better.

Seriously... I did this 4 months ago, and many times I'll drive the van and be so thankful I did it. My wife even noticed the big improvement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts