Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my ignorance, but is the rubber weather stripping on the side of my windshield called the molding. The reason I ask is right now whatever attaches it underneath is broken so I kind of have it duct tapeed in place. (Not an awful look because if you do it neatly the black duct tape and all blends in)

But then when I go to look for a replacement through Toyota online it's like $170. So I'm wondering if I'm looking at the right thing, because it's hard to believe that rubber weatherstripping is $170 for one side of my windshield.

Anyway, if that is the right stuff, can anybody recommend an online sorce that sells it a little cheaper? I would prefer OEM. Maybe an online Toyota dealer that gives a discount or something. My Sienna is a 2002. Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just Google the Toyota part number you located. It should bring up the discounted prices from online Toyota parts dealers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The junkyard here in Chicago has 3 first generation Siennas. Check a junkyard near you or take a drive to the nearest one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good idea, but for the window motor molding I'd actually like something new. Having years on my current ones is what made them give up the ghost. The other thing is at junk yards or Pick-Your-Part type places here in Orange County California it's a rare Sienna that lasts out the day not being stripped to the bone... if they get any in at all. But frankly, I've never paid attention to the window molding on the few that I've seen there. Probably worth a quick look since we have three in our area. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also "repair" this problem with tape. Did you find a reasonable cost solution? Any junk yard luck? To me this isn't a good junk yard part since age and weathering will be the same as what is being replaced, so will likely be on the cusp of the same problem if it doesn't have it already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts