Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
not sure why you are asking again. Guzzler already did the hard work, on pages 11 and 12 of this very thread. Out of all the options, i think his was the best. Here is a snip of his post-

I just ordered the same rim and tire. I will post up with pics after i get the tire mounted and test fit it on my 2019 AWD Sienna. I stole Guzzler's pic, and will be putting it in the rear storage area just like in his pic below.
View attachment 43853
Thanks to Guzzler's great idea and Rodknee's pictorial instructions. I have the same set up for my 2019 XLE AWD. The spare fits perfectly deflated snugly in the back. I carry a Vair 88P air compressor(powerful and fast)and a Nealy tire repair kit. The light spare can be removed easily to fold down the 3rd row seat then I place the spare on the cargo floor along with my cargo. No worry about being stranded with no spare. the spare tire can be pumped up in no time if I needed it. My brother in-law has a late model Prius( no spare included by design) and when he gets a flat, the car has to be towed to the dealer for repair/ replacement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought a used Sienna AWD XLE 2015. It came with All season tires but no spare wheel.Almost never using the 3.row seats but mostly the cargo area I decided to go for a full size spare wheel.Found it at a Tire and rim special store for Cad $ 150.00
Wheel is laying flat on the cargo floor ,I had the same arrangement on my Sienna 2005 for 15 years and NO problems.I know the saying "its dangerous if you have .....etcetera which raises the question what about ANY CARGO you may transport on a daily base,building materials,tools ????? If I need the 3.row seats I still can place the wheel upright into the hole. Thats my 2 dollar to the story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This morning, I went to the shop early and mounted the Toyota wheel part# 42611-08111 to the Kumho 155/90-17 spare tire. Using a combo of online vendors for the tire and a llocal wholesalers for the wheel, I am into the complete spare for $193 total. Guzzler nailed it, it works perfectly. Many Thanks bro!!! ???????

Toyota 42611-08111 wheel is 17x4
View attachment 43993
View attachment 43994

Kumho 155/90-17 tire next to Toyota box
View attachment 43996

Test fitting on my 2019 Sienna AWD
View attachment 43995

Wheel fits perfectly, no rubbing on brake caliper after being torqued down.
View attachment 43997
View attachment 43998

Again, many thanks for Guzzler for researching and posting up. I just ordered what he used, and posted pretty pictures... Thanks again!

Here is Guzzler's post
Did your rim come with the valve? If not, what did you get? I am afraid it was hidden in the box and I throw it away!!! Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
18 Posts

After reading through this thread here’s how I have mine set up. I bought the “BMW wheel tote” to cover the spare tire. I deflated the tire so it can fit in the back trunk and have it tied down as seen above. I keep a small pump in the compartment on the left in case I need to use it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Acura RDX 2013-2019 spare tire works fine. Just make sure the tire is 155/90/17. These are on ebay for around less than $100 for used or $130 for brand new (shipped). My $85 offer + $30 shipping (brand new) was accepted. I do recommend that you get the bore adapter 64.1mm to 60.1mm on Amazon. They are around $10 for 4 pcs. You only need 1.

I tested it (front) and there are no rubs. Wheel diameter is almost the same that a worn out or underinflated tire would make more difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acura RDX 2013-2019 spare tire works fine. Just make sure the tire is 155/90/17. These are on ebay for around less than $100 for used or $130 for brand new (shipped). My $85 offer + $30 shipping (brand new) was accepted. I do recommend that you get the bore adapter 64.1mm to 60.1mm on Amazon. They are around $10 for 4 pcs. You only need 1.

I tested it (front) and there are no rubs. Wheel diameter is almost the same that a worn out or underinflated tire would make more difference.

View attachment 46202 View attachment 46203 View attachment 46204
Which year Sienna do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you send pictures of how you are hauling this in the Sienna?
Just like how others did. It lays flat at the back - fully inflated. It is tight but it fits. You can still fold the other 3rd row seat just fine. There's plenty more of cargo space.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts