Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

301 - 317 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
New owner of a 2020 XLE AWD. I'm planning to replace the runflats and buy a full sized spare. But what about actually changing a tire? Where are the jackpoints and what jack are people using? I'm sure this has been covered, but I just can't find it anywhere!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
The use of the included jack should be well covered in your owners manual. Between the wheels on each side (about 30% back from the front bumper, and about 30% forward of the rear bumper) is an indent in the perimeter pinch weld. The jack fits that spot and allows you to jack up that one corner while leaving the other 3 tires on the ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The use of the included jack should be well covered in your owners manual. Between the wheels on each side (about 30% back from the front bumper, and about 30% forward of the rear bumper) is an indent in the perimeter pinch weld. The jack fits that spot and allows you to jack up that one corner while leaving the other 3 tires on the ground.
Thanks :). New car, apparently I needed the encouragement to actually find the jack. The last time I bought a car was a good 15 years ago and things have changed a lot. Luckily, I do have plenty of experience at using a jack, once I've located it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Advanced question...

Just bought a 2015 awd sienna. Dealer had replaced tires with standard, which was fine. Unfortunately, did not include a spare. Wife had a flat 2 weeks after purchase as I was planning this nifty spare purchase out. Here's the advanced question:

Would a 16" 2013 scion xb rim work, and if so, what tire do I need? Weird question I know. But I find myself in a situation where I have a perfectly good scion rim and need a spare for my Sienna. Thanks, you guys are smarter than I!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Advanced question...

Just bought a 2015 awd sienna. Dealer had replaced tires with standard, which was fine. Unfortunately, did not include a spare. Wife had a flat 2 weeks after purchase as I was planning this nifty spare purchase out. Here's the advanced question:

Would a 16" 2013 scion xb rim work, and if so, what tire do I need? Weird question I know. But I find myself in a situation where I have a perfectly good scion rim and need a spare for my Sienna. Thanks, you guys are smarter than I!
16” won’t fit around calipers on gen3.

-Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
Get a wheel from here, then get a compact spare tire from a local tire shop. I did mine for under $200.
Sienna Wheel.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,
Trading in my 2005 AWD for a 2015 AWD with regular tires so I need a mini-spare. Two options seem to be on the table here:
155/90/17
OR
165/80-17

Am I off here but they seem to be the same total size (or OT) so we have two options if I am correct. Any insight (or correction) is much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: spare wheel sienna AWD

Can I ask your dimensions of your factory wheel and tire, as well as the dimensions of the spare tire? My stock measures 235/55/18 and I'm interested in purchase spare w 165/80/17.
I Have a 2019 Sienna AWD and am making the switch to regular tires. The Spare should be 155/90/17, its only a 5mm difference in diameter from the 235/55/18 tires going onto it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,
Trading in my 2005 AWD for a 2015 AWD with regular tires so I need a mini-spare. Two options seem to be on the table here:
155/90/17
OR
165/80-17

Am I off here but they seem to be the same total size (or OT) so we have two options if I am correct. Any insight (or correction) is much appreciated!
155/90/17 is the way to go if you are running 235/55/18 tires. Check tire size.com to compare the tires on the van to the size doughnut you wish to purchase. the 155/90/17 is .2" or 5mm smaller in diameter than the 235/55/18, a 165/80/17 is .8" or 20mm smaller in diameter than the 235/55/18- too small in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,
came home yesterday with my 2015! it is Much more complex then my 2015 for sure.
so I now know (thanks 71JDW) The 155/90/17 is the best option. Tire size.com really clarified the numbers.
I found a few155/90/17 on eBay that mainly were Honda mini spares.
So the next question is will the honda rim fit the sienna (Will the bolts and holes line up)?
I also saw somewhere here to buy Wheel Hub Rings. They come in different sizes:
Inner Diameter: (Vehicle Hub Size) 60.1mm;
and the Outer Diameter: (Wheel Bore Size) ranges in size from 64.1 to 74.1. Any idea which size? More importantly I am guessing I can measure the spare when I relieve it and then buy the right size.

best regards
daniel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,
came home yesterday with my 2015! it is Much more complex then my 2015 for sure.
so I now know (thanks 71JDW) The 155/90/17 is the best option. Tire size.com really clarified the numbers.
I found a few155/90/17 on eBay that mainly were Honda mini spares.
So the next question is will the honda rim fit the sienna (Will the bolts and holes line up)?
I also saw somewhere here to buy Wheel Hub Rings. They come in different sizes:
Inner Diameter: (Vehicle Hub Size) 60.1mm;
and the Outer Diameter: (Wheel Bore Size) ranges in size from 64.1 to 74.1. Any idea which size? More importantly I am guessing I can measure the spare when I relieve it and then buy the right size.

best regards
daniel
I don't know if that rim will fit. I do however know that this toyota rim will fit: Toyota part # 4261108111
try to order it here: Genuine Toyota Parts - Wholesale Prices | Modern Toyota Parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for all the info on the compact spare. Here's what I got for my 2011 Sienna AWD now that its time to replace the original RFT's:

Tire & wheel
eBay seller fito0761
2011 2012 2013 TOYOTA SIENNA SPARE TIRE WHEEL DONUT 17" SPARE
"WILL FIT: TOYOTA SIENNA 2011 2012 2013 ( ALL 2WD AND 4WD )"

145/90/17
$185+30=215 delivered
(I would have chosen slower/cheaper shipping if seller offered it)
Arrived new/unused, tire still has label on it.

Space Saver Spare Tire Tote
http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Performance_Spare_Tire/BIM-SST-TOTE.html
$16 delivered
Fit is perfect, with carry handle that works well; standard size totes would be really big on a compact spare.
(yes it says BMW on it - no logo - but a compact tote seemed really hard to find)

6-arm Bungee Cord (to secure tire standing against the back of the 3rd row 60% side)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cargo-Boss-36-in-6-Arm-Bungee-Cord-168980/202249082
$5
This is really three connected cords - one wrapped around two anchor points, other two around one anchor point & one side of tire.

Replacement set of four tires:
Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+H/L+422+Ecopia
Set was about $720 delivered to my installer, minus $70 rebate card whenever it arrives.

Can't believe I didn't break down and get this stuff years ago...
Will that tire tote fit a 155/90/17 mounted on the Toyota 17x4 rim?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,
Found some new info that may help you all.
There is a Ebay seller, rv0761, that has many mini-spares for our Sienna's. The price is good also so you can look him up and check. The link to him is rv0761 on eBay .
Then I found a great auto junk yard that can find and sell us the spares we want at great prices! The yard is:
Henry's Auto Parts in Gambrills, MD
(410) 987-5800
781 MD Route 3 N.B.L. Gambrills MD 21054

What I did, since I needed it now, was to have my tire shop buy one from a junk yard (it was new) so now I am covered. It is big so fits pretty badly but it is about insurance.

Hope this helps you all!

Attachments

301 - 317 of 317 Posts