Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just get the OEM size 155/80/17, anything bigger than that won't fit... I tried 175/90/18 & full size tire and it won't fit, so i got my '14 Sienna's spare & swapped it to my '22 & surprised that it is 155/80/17, fits like a glove...
Your 2014 spare is just a plain steel spare wheel right?

From what I've seen online the 4th gen spare is like a 5 spoke design. I am planning to pick up a 3rd gen spare wheel since it is cheaper but want to make sure it will fit the compartment.

Like this but with the correct sized tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2014 SE & 2022 LE
37 Posts
Your 2014 spare is just a plain steel spare wheel right?

From what I've seen online the 4th gen spare is like a 5 spoke design. I am planning to pick up a 3rd gen spare wheel since it is cheaper but want to make sure it will fit the compartment.

Like this but with the correct sized tire
View attachment 58328
As long its 155/80/17, it will fit the compartment. I tried size 165/90/18 spare and it's too big for the compartment. Yes, mine is just steel wheel from my 2014 SE.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks everyone for posting part numbers and instructions. I just got my 2022 AWD LE without spare (believe me I wanted one for $75 but it wasn't available), so today I ordered a 51900-08050-B2 kit from my local dealer. The B2 refers to the color; the guy at the parts desk used the last 8 characters of my VIN to look up which color kit to get for me. He quoted me about $260 for the kit.

What spare tire and rim are you all putting in? I have my eye on the Modern Spare because it uses a lighter aluminum rim, and the tire is rated to run at up to 81mph. The Modern Spare is 155/90R18 and the parts guy said the stock OEM spare is T155/80R17, so same overall diameter but the modern spare is on a smaller rim with a thicker tire.

1) Anyone successfully fit the Modern Spare in the spare tire spot? If not, do you think it would fit?
2) Anyone know how much the stock/OEM spare tire weighs for comparison?

I'm still curious about this as well. I have a Modern Spare on backorder, but after ordering it I ordered the rear tire conversion kit from my local dealer. I'd like to put the Modern Spare in there if it will fit. The 155 size and the 17" diameter match up, it is the thickness of the 80 vs 90 I don't know the answer to. Does anyone know if the 90 will fit?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I'm still curious about this as well. I have a Modern Spare on backorder, but after ordering it I ordered the rear tire conversion kit from my local dealer. I'd like to put the Modern Spare in there if it will fit. The 155 size and the 17" diameter match up, it is the thickness of the 80 vs 90 I don't know the answer to. Does anyone know if the 90 will fit?
Hmmm, for the tire that is 155 mm wide the difference between the 80 and 90 in the side wall height is 10, translating into 15.5 mm. I honestly don't know if it would fit into the well if it is fully inflated, but some people elsewhere on the forum wrote about partially deflating donuts to make them fit in the places where they otherwise couldn't.

Attaching here a few pix, demonstrating the Toyota OEM wheel and a Tire Rack-recommendedT155/80D17 vs. a cheap generic donut with the tire of the same size. Both fit nicely with a little bit of leeway nearer the top and a much wider gap nearer the bottom.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Thanks just did mine today with everything done except bolting down the jack. Anyone know the size of the nuts?

Ill add another reply here with pictures for an awd platinum
Probably M4 or M5, definitely metric. I put on some nuts I found in my DIY box but I have no idea what size they were

·
Registered
254 Posts
Isn’t the Modern Spare a full size but light and thin wheel, rather than a small donut?
it won’t fit in the spare tire holder area, will it?

41 - 60 of 96 Posts