Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
From that link, 29” rolling diameter looks like the same circumference as OEM tires.
I think you two are talking about two different things: this Modern Spare donut will fit the van, but not the storage well (at least not w/o deflating it). The well is designed to accommodate the OENM spare, which is 155/80/17, amounting to 27" rather than 29".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got my kit and did most of the spare tire conversion. On my 2022 LE AWD the bolts for the jack were under the carpet with black plastic caps on them. Like others, no nuts were included to fasten the jack down to those 4 bolts. I bought some M6-1.00 nuts and they worked (10mm socket).

I've been emailing with Modern Spare, and they do have a 26.5" and a 27.7" spare. I measure a 14-inch radius from the center of where the spare tire goes, which means a max of a 28 inch diameter. Anyone get a 27.7-inch spare to fit?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got my kit and did most of the spare tire conversion. On my 2022 LE AWD the bolts for the jack were under the carpet with black plastic caps on them. Like others, no nuts were included to fasten the jack down to those 4 bolts. I bought some M6-1.00 nuts and they worked (10mm socket).

I've been emailing with Modern Spare, and they do have a 26.5" and a 27.7" spare. I measure a 14-inch radius from the center of where the spare tire goes, which means a max of a 28 inch diameter. Anyone get a 27.7-inch spare to fit?
Thanks for the m6 1.00 nut info! My jack is currently just sitting there. I look forward to finding out if the modern spare works too!

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Thanks for the m6 1.00 nut info! My jack is currently just sitting there. I look forward to finding out if the modern spare works too!
I am considering moving the jack from the rear well to somewhere near the surface. I typically drive with the 3rd row down, with a pet liner and an absorption liner stretched over the cargo area, and a lot of work (or recreation) stuff in the back. I don't like the idea of having to unpack all the stuff to get access to the jack

·
Registered
929 Posts
I am considering moving the jack from the rear well to somewhere near the surface. I typically drive with the 3rd row down, with a pet liner and an absorption liner stretched over the cargo area, and a lot of work (or recreation) stuff in the back. I don't like the idea of having to unpack all the stuff to get access to the jack
Possibly secure somehow to middle seat base in 2nd row?

Unless have space available in middle storage.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Possibly secure somehow to middle seat base in 2nd row?

Unless have space available in middle storage.
Turns out that if one is willing to forgo the neat "jack in the box" design it's possible to fit the jack itself under the spare - with a lot of room to spare :). Shown here with a 20 mm padding installed underneath it, placed diagonally to avoid rubbing against the wire hardness, and with ad hoc protective wrapping (it's amazing what kind of stuff a man can find while cleaning out the basement).

There so much wasted space in the spare wheel storage well. I am exploring the thought of tucking a rolled-up waterproof mat behind the carrier, as I know from experience that flat tires usually happen in rainy weather and on a muddy road.
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Window

Hood Motor vehicle Product Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice work Dimitrij! I am now kicking myself for following the instructions and cutting a hole in my carpet to install the "jack-in-the-box". I will definitely try to tuck my 12V air compressor and other tools in that space along with the spare.

What size spare is that? I'm looking at Modern Spare and they have a 26.5-inch and a 27.7-inch spare tire/wheel, and I'm wondering if the 27.7-inch will fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 51900 refers to part. The 08080 refers to having the volume controls and the shade, ie RES. The c2 refers to the color for the platinum model.
[/QUOTE]
I have a 2022 Sienna Platinum AWD in Celestial Silver exterior color. I saw you mentioned that your color code for the spare tire kit on your Platinum is C2. Do you know if C2 is the color code for all Platinum models?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 51900 refers to part. The 08080 refers to having the volume controls and the shade, ie RES. The c2 refers to the color for the platinum model.
I have a 2022 Sienna Platinum AWD in Celestial Silver exterior color. I saw you mentioned that your color code for the spare tire kit on your Platinum is C2. Do you know if C2 is the color code for all Platinum models?
[/QUOTE]
I believe the c2 interior trim is the same for all platinum. Is your interior panel color a french vanilla color? A really light yellow. Always best to call the dealer and give them the part number and the last 8 digits of your vin to confirm the correct the part number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe the c2 interior trim is the same for all platinum. Is your interior panel color a french vanilla color? A really light yellow. Always best to call the dealer and give them the part number and the last 8 digits of your vin to confirm the correct the part number.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that should be it. It's a light yellow, kind of French vanilla on the top portion of the panels and dark on the bottom portion. I also have the RES. I'll confirm with the Toyota dealer. Thanks

61 - 80 of 97 Posts