Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
121 - 140 of 211 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Just completed this today. It was very easy. Took about 1.5 months to get the kit, 3 weeks longer than expected because I originally ordered the wrong kit (without the sunshade in the back) and had to reorder the correct kit (Marietta Toyota graciously let me return the special order kit...I recommend them to anyone now).

Now all I need is the spare. Probably going to go with the Modern spare as well because...easier to get.

· Registered
78 Posts
If you order from the site, change the model year to 2020 to get the 145/85r18 27.7" else the 2021 and up will recommend a 155/90r18 which has a 29" inch diameter which i don't think will fit in the spare compartment.
The oem stock spare is 26.8" or so with a 155 width.
The 2020 modern spare is a lot closer to the stock wheel diameter of 29" inches while fitting inside the compartment.

One last note, this is not oem, so do this at your own risk. If i had a feeling that the modern spare 2021 and up would fit in the compartment i would of got that instead.

· Registered
29 Posts
If you order from the site, change the model year to 2020 to get the 145/85r18 27.7" else the 2021 and up will recommend a 155/90r18 which has a 29" inch diameter which i don't think will fit in the spare compartment.
The oem stock spare is 26.8" or so with a 155 width.
The 2020 modern spare is a lot closer to the stock wheel diameter of 29" inches while fitting inside the compartment.

One last note, this is not oem, so do this at your own risk. If i had a feeling that the modern spare 2021 and up would fit in the compartment i would of got that instead.
Yes. I already ordered the one for the 2020 MY. I measured the tire compartment opening and a 29” diameter spare certainly won’t fit. I’m happy that it’ll all work out just in time for an Atlanta to Michigan road-trip in December.

· Registered
176 Posts
Good idea. I keep a Ryobi inflator in beside the battery, and I swap the ryobi battery pack every couple of months (I have lots for various tools) but tossing in a spare charger is smart- I have a small inverter onboard.
Wouldn’t it be simpler to just have a 12V powered inflator in the van, and never having to worry about the level of charge in the battery?

· Registered
37 Posts
If anyone doesn't what their storage panel after your conversion , pm me. It will probably just sit in your garage for years =).
Mine comes with a spare but I might run a full size spare in a a roof box, and that extra storage might come in handy.

· Registered
176 Posts
If anyone doesn't what their storage panel after your conversion , pm me. It will probably just sit in your garage for years =).
Mine comes with a spare but I might run a full size spare in a a roof box, and that extra storage might come in handy.
If you do that, you should sell your OE compact spare and all the interior mounting hardware. I bet you could get top dollar.

121 - 140 of 211 Posts