Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Faaaantastic! Thank you so much! I just got the new plugs and gaskets, and am going to try and tackle this thing after Thanksgiving. This will help! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
"We" just changed the spark plugs yesterday in our 2011 (Gen 3) Sienna. The total cost was $50 (for the 6 plugs and the necessary gaskets, all readily available on eBay). It took less than 3 hours. Very glad I didn't go to a mechanic or the dealer, who wanted $600-700. However, I should note that "We" = my neighbor, who is very good with cars, has a good set of tools, and who watched the video referenced above - and I, who mainly watched while he did the work.
: ) However, having watched him, I won't hesitate to do it on my own next time. Bottom line - if you don't have the know how and tools to do this job, get a friend, neighbor, or relative who does to come over and help you out, and you'll save $550-$650. Then treat your friend to a great dinner! : )

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I first read about the Gen 3 spark plug change, and watched the video, I slapped my forehead and said why would Toyota build the vehicle that way.
Later I realized that by the time need to do this project I will be retired and have aaaallll the time in the world....:)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts