Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, my questions here is about spark plugs, I am due to change my spark plus on my 2003 sienna, I am currently debating weather to buy single ground electrode or dual-ground electrode, or if you can say your expertise on which is better for the engine in terms of performance and fuel economy, my second question is weather the first sienna 1997 to 2000 release ( before the face uplift design ) engine uses different spark plugs than the newer sienna from 2001 to 2003 ( after the design face uplift.)
I did some research online and called dealership but couldn't get a solid answer.
for example amazon...when you enter the years 1997 to 2000 Toyota sienna.. it will approve that this spark plug DENSO ( 3253) PK20TR11 DOUBLE PLATNUM SPARK, fits your vehicle...... however when enter years 2001 to 2003 sienna it gives you a red label which indicated it does not fit your vehicle...
I know that trims on the first gen sienna does change the engine size.
bottom line is I want to know if all spark plugs for the first generation sienna are the same.. if so amazon is WRONG.
here is 2 links to help solve this tiny mystery.

1st link is the dual ground electrode but according to amazon it doesn't fit my 2003 sienna
I would prefer plug though (y)

2nd link is compatible with my sienna 2003 ( according to amazon ) but its single ground electrode

thanks !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
For my 1998 the compatible plugs are listed in the owner's manual. You might want to check the manual for yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts